The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature 9-1 GCSE predictions!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by darrencoxon
My guess (and it is a total guess btw) is one of Macbeth's soliloquys. Maybe the 'is this a dagger' one. The reason I think this is because the sample paper has lady m's opening soliloquy and examiners are quite predictable. I'll do a way in to this through my blog if this helps. I'll try to do it over the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

whats your blog called? or is it on here?!?!
Original post by ShantelleEllyse
I'm doing sign of four as well , I hate it. I have no idea what to even revise for it. My teacher thinks the question for it should hopefully be easy because it's one of the more difficult books to have chosen.

Yeah hopefully your teacher is right. I just don't know what to write about for it and I don't know how to revise for it either. I mean, I don't know how to revise for any english exams really. Have you started revising for your other english exams yet though?
Original post by SweetCupcakes
Yeah hopefully your teacher is right. I just don't know what to write about for it and I don't know how to revise for it either. I mean, I don't know how to revise for any english exams really. Have you started revising for your other english exams yet though?

I've started revising the love and relationship poetry cluster and i've been revising Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.I find making flashcards and using pictures really helpful for remembering quotes. For Sign of Four i'm hoping it's a question on Sherlock because then you can link it to the context of it being a detective and gothic genre.
Original post by orange565
whats your blog called? or is it on here?!?!

Hi. Here you go: [email protected]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by darrencoxon
My guess (and it is a total guess btw) is one of Macbeth's soliloquys. Maybe the 'is this a dagger' one. The reason I think this is because the sample paper has lady m's opening soliloquy and examiners are quite predictable. I'll do a way in to this through my blog if this helps. I'll try to do it over the weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you have a prediction for power and conflict poetry,great expectations and animal farm?My teacher thinks for macbeth its act 2 scene 2 and its the relationship between macbeth and lady macbeth because one specimen paper was about lady macbeth and one about macbeth?So maybe this one is where they are both on stage together?
Original post by ShantelleEllyse
I've started revising the love and relationship poetry cluster and i've been revising Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.I find making flashcards and using pictures really helpful for remembering quotes. For Sign of Four i'm hoping it's a question on Sherlock because then you can link it to the context of it being a detective and gothic genre.

I think Sherlock Holmes is the only character you can actually develop the points for (and maybe Watson as well) so I'm really hoping it's on him too or I'm screwed. I am doing Power and Conflict for poems but I haven't revised all of them yet. I'm doing Macbeth and Animal Farm and I just memorised quotations for them as well. Flashcards are a good idea but I don't think I'll have enough time to make them now. I don't know I might. I'm just relying my english grade to Mr Bruff's videos :argh:
I think Sherlock Holmes is the only character you can actually develop the points for (and maybe Watson as well) so I'm really hoping it's on him too or I'm screwed. I am doing Power and Conflict for poems but I haven't revised all of them yet. I'm doing Macbeth and Animal Farm and I just memorised quotations for them as well. Flashcards are a good idea but I don't think I'll have enough time to make them now. I don't know I might. I'm just relying my english grade to Mr Bruff's videos :argh:

In the mock exams that we did the question was on Sherlock so it makes me feel like the actual exam will be on something else but I really hope it isn't. The exam is soon but I think if you make flashcards then it'll help a lot , on Wednesday I knew nothing on poetry but I made flashcards and by today I know at least 3 different things for all the poems so you could always try it and see if it helps. I'm doing Macbeth too I think that's a lot easier. I've tried watching Mr Bruff's videos but I don't like his videos on sign of four.

It's great that he's done these videos: at least there is something out there! I can't promise anything but I'll have a look at SOF today and see if there is anything I can do to help. I'll take a close look at the exam question on the past paper and think about ways in. I agree it's a challenging text as the language is complex and the characterisation shaky. I wonder whether it might be Watson who comes up, so will have a think about the sorts of questions that might be asked, as well as other Holmes related questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing Frankenstein. I feel as though for Frankenstein they'd do a theme rather than a character as the novel is so complex!! I am also doing Macbeth, Lord of the Flies and Power
Original post by Quyn Mylodi
Ive got Macbeth, Jekyll + Hyde, Inspector calls and power and conflict poetry

OMG same!! I don't think we'll get Lady Macbeth coz she was in the specification; I think we'll probably get either Macbeth or the Witches. I'm actually praying we don't get Banquo coz we never studied in class... Our teacher just kinda dismissed him as a minor character that can be compared to Macbeth if necessary.

Original post by Quyn Mylodi
the inspectors last speech Mr B's speech

I think so too. We might get Gerald or Eric, but I think that since it's the first year, they might go for someone more major...

Any predictions for J+H? I think either Jekyll or Hyde will come up although they might ask something about Utterson...

As for poetry, I don't think we'll get Ozymandias (coz spec paper and I don't think they'll give us the same one) but I'm kinda hoping we'll get Tissue tho... is that weird? It's just really nice coz there's just so much to say about it...
Im doing Macbeth, j + h, Inspector calls and love and relationships poems, aiming for a 9 just got 90/96 for paper - does anyone have predictions for love and relationships poetry?
Original post by Anonymous1502
Whats your prediction for Macbeth?

my teachers are predicting macbeth or a linking theme to macbeth
Original post by evaparfitt
Im doing Macbeth, j + h, Inspector calls and love and relationships poems, aiming for a 9 just got 90/96 for paper - does anyone have predictions for love and relationships poetry?

can i see some of your sample work, if you dont mind, ive never hada model answer and udusually get a high 6 in lit no matter what it is i.e ill get a 6 in anything in lit, not higher not lower, so maybe seeing it would be beneficial :smile:?
I do blood brothers, a Christmas carol. macbeth and power and conflict I think for Macbeth it's macbeth or the witches because lady macbeth is on the exemplar paper, poetry and blood brothers I have no clue Christmas carol I feel like it could be the cratchits but i have no idea if anyone has anything for blood bros or Christmas carol find me
Original post by AhmarIT
can i see some of your sample work, if you dont mind, ive never hada model answer and udusually get a high 6 in lit no matter what it is i.e ill get a 6 in anything in lit, not higher not lower, so maybe seeing it would be beneficial :smile:?

Sure if I can find some, which section do you want?
No, i do it also, and find it very hard...
Original post by evaparfitt
Sure if I can find some, which section do you want?

That would e great, aLso please hurry as exams on monday
Let's be real no one knows **** about what is going to come up, at least for AQA, except that Lord Capulet won't come up, Responsibility in An Inspector Calls or Ozymandias, Storm on the Island, Nature or Power of Nature and Jekyll as a frightening character for Jekyll and Hyde. These are all on the specimen papers (I think) so they won't repeat them unless they are playing with us
Does anyone do Jane Eyre because i really need some predictions?
My teacher thinks it'll be either Charge of the Light Brigade, Remains or Exposure for poetry. Good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending