The Student Room Group

Does Level 3 BTEC make up for bad GCSE?

Hey Guys

Like every student i am worried about my exams but I am going to make my question simple and easy.

This is what i think i will get in my GCSE and pretty accurate.

English Lang+Lit= 4 and 4
Maths= 4 or 5
ICT= A or B
Graphic= C
History= C or D
Core Science= C
Additional Science= D or worst :frown:

In college I will be doing level 3 extended diploma in IT and I have seen the units i will be doing so i am defnaitley sure that if not D*D*D* i will at least get a DDD. As I am a IT lover so obviously i will peruse my career in IT but I am mainly looking forward to do Degree Apprenticeship in Information Security/Cyber Security as BT and other companies are offering or running the course.

So looking at my grades do you think that they will accept me for a degree apprenticeship over another student. Like i will also be doing summer internships, playing cricket for my college team and doing NCS next year and also some other volunteering work so i gain some experience in my life.

So yeah will i get accepted if i do or get things above. Thanks for your time and sorry for such a big paragraph. :smile: Thanks and God Bless
Original post by kenny.god
Don't do a BTEC. It is for autistic people/ people with mental disabilities. It's not respected and has no value.

Very rude. Have some respect especially with autism. BTECs are not for autistic people.

BTECs are for those who want the easy way to university but don't use it as AN INSULT of Autism. Have respect.
I can't speak for all subjects but if you know you want to study IT at University then doing a btec will give you a deeper understanding of the subject since you spend a lot more time on it. Some Unis don't like btecs or sometimes require you to also have a level maths, but I know there are some good unis that accept btec IT for computer science, for example Newcastle asks for D*DD.

Quick Reply

Latest