The Student Room Group

is pass in health and social care bad?

my target grade is level 2 pass and i've done the passes in the coursework
is it bad?
Original post by oursgrace
my target grade is level 2 pass and i've done the passes in the coursework
is it bad?

Well, it's not as a good as a merit or a distinction, but it's better than a fail.

What is it you want to do with your qualification? Did you have a particular job in mind? Or further study?

Will a pass allow you to do that? If so, then a pass is fine.
Reply 2
also if i do the merits (which i feel are difficult but want to try them), will i be able to get a merit overall?
Original post by oursgrace
also if i do the merits (which i feel are difficult but want to try them), will i be able to get a merit overall?

Sorry @oursgrace, I don't know enough about Level 2 qualifications to be able to answer your question.

My experience answering questions people have about Level 3 BTECs is that the majority of the time students don't actually know
what qualification they're taking.

Do you recognise any of the below in information from your school?

Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 Tech Award in Health and Social Care
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Health and Social Care
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate in Health and Social Care
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
Pearson BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Diploma in Health and Social Care

I assume you're not taking the Tech Award and the word "merit" doesn't appear in the specification. It does, however, appear in the specifications for the First Certificate, First Extended Certificate and First Diploma. Those also contain the phrase "a subsequent task that targets a Merit or Distinction level activity", which tallies with your "if i do the merits" phrase.

Are you taking one of the above qualifications? Which one?

Note, by the way, that Ofqual's Register of Regulated Qualifications contains dozens of other Level 2 qualifications which contain the text "Health and Social Care". So you might not be taking a BTEC anyway.
If u get a l1 pass what does that mean
Original post by Luh.nadiax
If u get a l1 pass what does that mean

It means you passed a Level 1 qualification.

If you look at this page you can see what sort of qualifications are considered "level 1". It includes, for example, "GCSE - grades 3, 2, 1 or grades D, E, F, G".

Note that this is a measure of a qualification's difficulty, not it's size. It could be worth more than one GCSE (grade 3, 2, 1) in terms of its size. Without the full name of the qualification, we can't tell that.

Quick Reply

Latest