The Student Room Group

Do I really need to revise ALL this?

I'm doing AQA AS Level Biology - exam is in a month and a half :ahhhhh:

I am currently revising the lungs and my teacher made us do this massive project about 10 or so different lung diseases (e.g COPD, asbestosis, miner's lung) and their risk factors/symptoms/treatment, but it's not in the text book and only covered briefly in the revision guide. The specification vaguely says as kind of a side note...

"Students should be able to:

-interpret information relating to the effects of lung disease on gas exchange and/or ventilation
-interpret data relating to the effects of pollution and smoking on the incidence of lung disease
-analyse and interpret data associated with specific risk factors and the incidence of lung disease
-evaluate the way in which experimental data led to statutory restrictions on the sources of risk factors
-recognise correlations and causal relationships."

so to anyone who has done the exam previously/ is revising now, do I need to know all these lung diseases in loads of detail or will it just be application questions?
sorry for the ramble, thank you for any help :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tea2345
I'm doing AQA AS Level Biology - exam is in a month and a half :ahhhhh:

I am currently revising the lungs and my teacher made us do this massive project about 10 or so different lung diseases (e.g COPD, asbestosis, miner's lung) and their risk factors/symptoms/treatment, but it's not in the text book and only covered briefly in the revision guide. The specification vaguely says as kind of a side note...

"Students should be able to:

-interpret information relating to the effects of lung disease on gas exchange and/or ventilation
-interpret data relating to the effects of pollution and smoking on the incidence of lung disease
-analyse and interpret data associated with specific risk factors and the incidence of lung disease
-evaluate the way in which experimental data led to statutory restrictions on the sources of risk factors
-recognise correlations and causal relationships."

so to anyone who has done the exam previously/ is revising now, do I need to know all these lung diseases in loads of detail or will it just be application questions?
sorry for the ramble, thank you for any help :smile:

I'm afraid yes u do need to know it in detail.In each exam paper their will be at least 1 question about those types of diseases.They will choose 1 disease and then say what affect does it have etc...Best bet is go through a paper or two and see what type of questions they give u on them.

Most of those diseases are similiar in explanation but with 1 or 2 differences.

On a side note,u have to do the heart diseases as well as the lungs ones.
Reply 2
Original post by CrazyFoxes
I'm afraid yes u do need to know it in detail.In each exam paper their will be at least 1 question about those types of diseases.They will choose 1 disease and then say what affect does it have etc...Best bet is go through a paper or two and see what type of questions they give u on them.

Most of those diseases are similiar in explanation but with 1 or 2 differences.

On a side note,u have to do the heart diseases as well as the lungs ones.

ugh thats so annoying! Thank you for telling me though haha
Original post by Tea2345
ugh thats so annoying! Thank you for telling me though haha

Hope it helps.But if u go through the past papers,the questions on these are repeats each year
So learning the mark scheme should help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending