The Student Room Group

How to revise for a-level mocks

I do bio chem maths and I only have 2 weeks left and I tried revising but I got all the questions wrong and it makes me really upset!!! I want to get straight As on these mocks, how do i do that?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by BlackLives
I do bio chem maths and I only have 2 weeks left and I tried revising but I got all the questions wrong and it makes me really upset!!! I want to get straight As on these mocks, how do i do that?

Hi @BlackLives,

I think it's important you strengthen your foundations before you attempt full on past papers. Although you're on a time constraint I don't think it's entirely impossible to go through over the content again. A suggestion I have is the: Cornell method or Blurting. Go through your textbooks for each subject and try to remember as much of it as you can. Once you've done this, blurt it all out in the cornell method sections and see what you've missed out. Re-read the pages and try to do it until you've got all the important bits memorised. Try an attempt at this method for all the topics you need refreshing up on.

Once you think you've got the content covered, you can try find topical past papers questions and attempt the questions for the topics you had just revised for that day. You'll find this to be less overwhelming than doing an entire past paper with topics from all over that you haven't covered yet.

You can find a more thorough description on blurting + revision tips here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @BlackLives,

I think it's important you strengthen your foundations before you attempt full on past papers. Although you're on a time constraint I don't think it's entirely impossible to go through over the content again. A suggestion I have is the: Cornell method or Blurting. Go through your textbooks for each subject and try to remember as much of it as you can. Once you've done this, blurt it all out in the cornell method sections and see what you've missed out. Re-read the pages and try to do it until you've got all the important bits memorised. Try an attempt at this method for all the topics you need refreshing up on.

Once you think you've got the content covered, you can try find topical past papers questions and attempt the questions for the topics you had just revised for that day. You'll find this to be less overwhelming than doing an entire past paper with topics from all over that you haven't covered yet.

You can find a more thorough description on blurting + revision tips here: https://bit.ly/3uCzvZl

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Thanks for replying! I'll try the blurting method like you said :smile:
Original post by BlackLives
Thanks for replying! I'll try the blurting method like you said :smile:

pmt notes are amazing and really good summaries of everything - use these for blurting too
try the topical questions frrom there too
freesciencelessons etc if you are really stuck on something
good luck you can do this!!!!
Hi, yeah PMT is really good also @ateamacadrevision on ig have started doing mini summed up topics for everything you need to know these are really helpful. The first topics are on there rn as they've just started but they're really condensed :smile:
Reply 5
do people reccomend anki for revision
Reply 6
or do you think youtube videos and textbook is better?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending