The Student Room Group

university ranking and PGCE

Hello everyone, I was just wondering whether the university ranking can have an impact when you're applying to do a PGCE? will it be something looked at?

I have a choice to accept an offer at quite a low ranked university or take a gap year (I'm currently doing a course I don't like) and apply to a Russell Group university.

May I add that I'm 20 - if I take a gap year I will be starting uni again when I'm 22 :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
bump
Reply 2
I dont think so, but if your not sure, ring up the places you are interested in doing a pgce at and ask. Most people dont go to a russell group uni, so it shouldnt matter. Whats more important is a good degree result.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rnv
Hello everyone, I was just wondering whether the university ranking can have an impact when you're applying to do a PGCE? will it be something looked at?

I have a choice to accept an offer at quite a low ranked university or take a gap year (I'm currently doing a course I don't like) and apply to a Russell Group university.

May I add that I'm 20 - if I take a gap year I will be starting uni again when I'm 22 :s-smilie:

No one cares about the university you attended apart from a few grammars and the top echelon of independent schools.
Go to UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending