The Student Room Group

Back to School Anxiety

Hey, I've been on easter break since the 31st and we get a 2 week holiday, 1 week is already up but I still have another week until I go back but I'm already suffering from really bad school anxiety of not wanting to go back.. >_<" it keeps me up at night and is on my mind a lot I find it so hard to relax...! I just keep thinking about all the homework and so much studying which I need to get done before then. It really doesnt feel like a break when you're worrying 24/7...what can I do!?
Have you tried making a study timetable? Allocate reasonable time to study and what you're going to study in each block then allocate other times for relaxation. A timetable helps reduce the guilt you experience when trying to relax because you still have study times put aside as well.
Reply 2
Original post by Sabertooth
Have you tried making a study timetable? Allocate reasonable time to study and what you're going to study in each block then allocate other times for relaxation. A timetable helps reduce the guilt you experience when trying to relax because you still have study times put aside as well.

I have tried before and they don't seem to work for me. The last times I've tried using them, I make one all motivated but then when it's time to study I don't feel like doing it because I'll be occupied etc etc. Maybe I'll give it another try though.
Original post by BlueeCookie
I have tried before and they don't seem to work for me. The last times I've tried using them, I make one all motivated but then when it's time to study I don't feel like doing it because I'll be occupied etc etc. Maybe I'll give it another try though.

Are you making the study blocks small enough? I was really struggling with motivation for one of my modules last semester so I originally set blocks of just 5 minutes, or even just to the end of a page then I'd have another break. It can be hard to find motivation for like an hour and it seems really intimidating at the beginning so maybe try very small blocks that you build on over time.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth
Are you making the study blocks small enough? I was really struggling with motivation for one of my modules last semester so I originally set blocks of just 5 minutes, or even just to the end of a page then I'd have another break. It can be hard to find motivation for like an hour and it seems really intimidating at the beginning so maybe try very small blocks that you build on over time.

I haven't tried that, it seems I got a bit too ambitious the last times because I would be setting super unrealistic times of 1-3 hours, so maybe you are right about building on small blocks. Although the way I tend to work best is starting and getting it all done in one sitting, otherwise I feel like the task drags on, but it's just finding the motivation to start =/

Quick Reply

Latest