The Student Room Group

DAMN by Kendrick Lamar

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Palmyra
absolute :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: really do not like it.

Stick to pop then
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Damn vs More Life?

Not even a comparison
Damn vs More Life?

Should be Damn vs All Amerikkkan Bada$$. More life doesn't even compare.
(edited 7 years ago)
DNA is so good omfg
Original post by moment of truth
Should be Damn vs All Amerikkkan Bada$$. More life doesn't even compare.

Haven't heard of All Amerikkkan. Would you recommend?
Original post by morpheus13
Not even a comparison

I think lyrically DAMN>More Life, and DAMN is better composed but More Life is more enjoyable to listen to as the songs are generally really catchy
Haven't heard of All Amerikkkan. Would you recommend?

Definitely would. Joey Bada$$ is amazing, in my opinion. The album is very conscious, he talks about current issues in the world at the moment.
IMO It's pretty bad actually.
[video="youtube;len0zRQzMDQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=len0zRQzMDQ[/video]
Original post by XOR_

Why do you think so?
Definitely would. Joey Bada$$ is amazing, in my opinion. The album is very conscious, he talks about current issues in the world at the moment.

Currently listening to Good Morning AmeriKKKa. Liking it so far
I think lyrically DAMN>More Life, and DAMN is better composed but More Life is more enjoyable to listen to as the songs are generally really catchy

nah, more life is terrible, throwaway music, the fact that he uses a fake jamaican accent is worse. I listened it on the ovo radio show but since then its never been good. Damn is better produced etc etc
Currently listening to Good Morning AmeriKKKa. Liking it so far

How'd you find it (if you listened to all of it haha)? :smile:
A true masterpiece. Metacritic went a bit ott with it though; TPaB is a better album.
Reply 36
I basically haven't stopped listening to it, THIS ALBUM IS THE :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:
How'd you find it (if you listened to all of it haha)? :smile:

It's a good album. Dunno why you're comparing his music to the calibre of Kendrick's
Original post by XOR_

Well Kendrick Lamar is the most sound artist right now. Calibration of his idiosyncratic flow may take quite long for a new listener to adjust to, but Kendrick's quality in lyrics, thematics, production and songwriting cannot be denied.
Original post by Goaded
I basically haven't stopped listening to it, THIS ALBUM IS THE :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:

omg same- its been on repeat!!

Quick Reply

Latest