The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Bhaal85
Blond fat chic, or whatever your name is, you need to broaden your mind, you come around as very arrogent, as though the whole world is against you. Yes, most of us are going to red brick universities, and yes, league tables probably played a major factor in our decisions, however its also our choice, and its neither wrong or immoral. You seriously need to develop your debating skills, as you are so narrow minded, if somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't mean that we are snobs ffs. There are loads of students who come on this board to ask a load a questions, people asking about Plymouth Universty, Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, i.e. ex-polytechnics and I've never seen them being put down, we all try to help each other here, however your quite contrary to this. Its as though your trying to defend your reason for going to City, why?!? None of us are making fun of you. You need to chill.

at last. and if you don't agree with something (blondechick) doesn't mean that it's wrong. i've yet to see any evidence for your points aside from a word-of-mouth comment from an unknown-to-us psychology teacher.
Reply 101
BlondeFunkyChic
Erm...sociology teacher? No I want to be a Psychology teacher, if I wanted to be a Sociology teacher don't you think I would have done SOCIOLOGY at university instead of Psychology, idiot.

*wtf*

er hello, i have the pm in my inbox right now so anyone can check, why are you even trying to lie? are you really that stupid?

shall i post ever all the others i have received from you, all on a similar!!!!!! theme?
Reply 102
BlondeFunkyChic
It's none of your business, and as for my grades I am EXTREMELY proud and so are my teachers, friends and family thank you!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
As for my uni, I wanted to go to London and chose City, it's my choice not yours, I got the grades and I got in.

You posted earlier and said you didnt get the grades, BCCC i believe. You also posted yesterday on the board saying you wanted to be a sociology teacher, do i really have to go and find the post to prove my point?

I do not appreciate being called a liar. Please try and retain some consistency with this farse.
BlondeFunkyChic
It's none of your business, and as for my grades I am EXTREMELY proud and so are my teachers, friends and family thank you!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
As for my uni, I wanted to go to London and chose City, it's my choice not yours, I got the grades and I got in.

What's none of my business, sorry?

Again, if you're so proud, why did you tell us your estimated grades not your real ones?

Of course it wasn't my choice...................what the hell?

rosie
Bhaal85
Blond fat chic, or whatever your name is, you need to broaden your mind, you come around as very arrogent, as though the whole world is against you. Yes, most of us are going to red brick universities, and yes, league tables probably played a major factor in our decisions, however its also our choice, and its neither wrong or immoral. You seriously need to develop your debating skills, as you are so narrow minded, if somebody disagrees with you, it doesn't mean that we are snobs ffs. There are loads of students who come on this board to ask a load a questions, people asking about Plymouth Universty, Manchester Met, Sheffield Hallam, i.e. ex-polytechnics and I've never seen them being put down, we all try to help each other here, however your quite contrary to this. Its as though your trying to defend your reason for going to City, why?!? None of us are making fun of you. You need to chill.

First of all why put Blond fat chic? That's a bit pathetic if your not trying to insult me, I am not at all fat, my message is on a picture thread if you want to take a look for yourself.
Never called you snobs...I am only against those pathetic enough to put others down to make themself feel better. I have nothing against those going to Oxbridge or wherever but I wouldn't even attempt to apply there because I know I would NEVER get AAA, nor have I come from a background of good family breed, nor had private education. Some people are fortunate to be this way, and I am very happy for them. But I am happy too, but they are not superior to me in any way so they don't need to be as pathetic in order to insult people...after all if someone is so happy about their results and their chosen university, why take time out to put others down to make themself feel better? To be honest, I have been on this board 2 weeks and seen NOTHING but snobbery and obsession with university league tables...if you let something like that control your life, then God help you in the near future.
I am only on about Bah2 or whatever he/she is called for being awful to me by private message about me going to City, I am very happy about going here, people are proud of me. But it's kind of sad when an invidual is extremely against you for going to a university of your choice, they know nothing about me or what I have to go through to get here. I couldn't be happier! :biggrin:
Reply 105
BlondeFunkyChic
Erm...sociology teacher? No I want to be a Psychology teacher, if I wanted to be a Sociology teacher don't you think I would have done SOCIOLOGY at university instead of Psychology, idiot. QUOTE]

http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost.php?p=1086666&postcount=37

:rolleyes:

Enough of this bollox.
rah2
You posted earlier and said you didnt get the grades, BCCC i believe. You also posted yesterday on the board saying you wanted to be a sociology teacher, do i really have to go and find the post to prove my point?

I do not appreciate being called a liar. Please try and retain some consistency with this farse.

Yes I got BCCC.

As for Sociology teacher, I was going to do that with my insurance choice but I am got into my firm choice and going ahead with teaching Psychology. :smile:
crana
What's none of my business, sorry?

Again, if you're so proud, why did you tell us your estimated grades not your real ones?

Of course it wasn't my choice...................what the hell?

rosie

If your so interested, search this thread my results are already up.
timeofyourlife
at last. and if you don't agree with something (blondechick) doesn't mean that it's wrong. i've yet to see any evidence for your points aside from a word-of-mouth comment from an unknown-to-us psychology teacher.

Evidence of what?
BlondeFunkyChic
If your so interested, search this thread my results are already up.

yes, indeed.

what I'm interested in though is why you chose to tell us your estimated (better) grades than your real ones, which you are so very proud of.... care to explain?
BlondeFunkyChic
I have nothing against those going to Oxbridge or wherever but I wouldn't even attempt to apply there because I know I would NEVER get AAA, nor have I come from a background of good family breed, nor had private education.

It's insulting (not least to the thousands of people starting in October who didn't have an amazing family or go to private schools) to imply that people going to Oxbridge got in because of their family background or private education.

Your inability to get the required grades would be the only aspect you mentioned that would have determined if you got in.
incidentally.....

am I the only one here worrying about the education the next generation of kids are going to get.....?
crana
yes, indeed.

what I'm interested in though is why you chose to tell us your estimated (better) grades than your real ones, which you are so very proud of.... care to explain?

Oh I'm sorry, I put my estimated grades to show you that I could have applied to what you state a 'top' university if I wanted to do. But I chose my university purely on location and recommendation from another student, but yes I am happy with my BCCC although I am not happy with one of my C's which was in English Language because there was terrible building work (banging, shouting) going on and so I am going to get that re-marked because I was estimated an A for that, it was extremely selfish of the principal to do building work during exams it also affect my Sociology exam which I was also estimated a damn A for...so yes, I must admit I am some what peed off because it should have been an AABC...but oh well, I have been accepted and I think someone said you can resit modules at university, can you???
crana
It's insulting (not least to the thousands of people starting in October who didn't have an amazing family or go to private schools) to imply that people going to Oxbridge got in because of their family background or private education.

Your inability to get the required grades would be the only aspect you mentioned that would have determined if you got in.

No...I wouldn't even dare apply there, Oxbridge look at schooling and well-known surnames, it's a fact. Good to those who got accepted from working class backgrounds or those who attended comprehensive education, but I can bet money on it that it is a minority!
BlondeFunkyChic
Oh I'm sorry, I put my estimated grades to show you that I could have applied to what you state a 'top' university if I wanted to do. But I chose my university purely on location and recommendation from another student, but yes I am happy with my BCCC although I am not happy with one of my C's which was in English Language because there was terrible building work (banging, shouting) going on and so I am going to get that re-marked because I was estimated an A for that, it was extremely selfish of the principal to do building work during exams it also affect my Sociology exam which I was also estimated a damn A for...so yes, I must admit I am some what peed off because it should have been an AABC...but oh well, I have been accepted and I think someone said you can resit modules at university, can you???

well, you could have applied to a more respected uni (although that would have been VERY AMORAL), but then you'd probably have missed your offer anyway... so there would have been little point.

perhaps your fantastic teachers just aren't very fantastic at predicting grades?

where *is* your university? In London?

if A-level grades are so very unimportant, why on earth would you want to resit modules to improve your grades when you're at uni?
Reply 115
crana
incidentally.....

am I the only one here worrying about the education the next generation of kids are going to get.....?

probably. the education assessment of 12-18 year olds is changing from a-levels within the next 7 years.
timeofyourlife
probably. the education assessment of 12-18 year olds is changing from a-levels within the next 7 years.

I worry about anyone doing Psychology, for one thing.
crana
incidentally.....

Can I ask did you study sociology? Did your teachers treat you like adults rather than children?

Why are you worried just because I speak my mind? There you go again...trying to put people down because they believe in what they believe, that's pathetic.

We're going round in circles...I am getting bored of this, I am retiring from this thread, believe in what you like and I will believe in what you like! Good luck for the future! :tongue:
Reply 118
BlondeFunkyChic
Evidence of what?

err, practically everything you've posted has no backing apart from the word of a mysterious psychology teacher.

BlondeFunkyChic
It's up to you at the end of the day how hard you work for your degree and what grade you get, because no degree is any different from any other university

BlondeFunkyChic
It doesn't matter about 'top' and 'bottom' universities and their employment rate, it depends on how hard you work for your degree in order to get a 2:1,

BlondeFunkyChic
and my psychology teacher said it's your degree that matters and what you get in that, not your A Levels nor where you have been to university. A degree is STILL a degree!!!

BlondeFunkyChic
it doesn't matter about A Level results nor where you went to university, it's the grade of your degree that matters and if you have the willpower to educate students e.g. meaning personality, time and effort put into them passing.

BlondeFunkyChic
I think those from working class backgrounds who have comprehensive education, succeed onto A Levels and go to university and get a degree are the hardest working.
BlondeFunkyChic
Can I ask did you study sociology? Did your teachers treat you like adults rather than children?

Why are you worried just because I speak my mind? There you go again...trying to put people down because they believe in what they believe, that's pathetic.

We're going round in circles...I am getting bored of this, I am retiring from this thread, believe in what you like and I will believe in what you like! Good luck for the future! :tongue:

Um. What am I worried about exactly? No, I didn't study sociology (hmm, now why was that...)... and what do my teachers have to do with anything?

Bored?

I think the term is ruined

Latest

Trending

Trending