The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sisyphus
Further evidence of the superiority of Cambridge.

Oi! He's going to the same college as me, so I guess I'm inferior aswell!:frown:
Reply 21
calumc
Oi! He's going to the same college as me, so I guess I'm inferior aswell!:frown:

Well, you have the chance to show the world you're nothing like him. :smile:
Reply 22
I don't believe this.

Blair's son, Nicky, was caught and stopped by the police being drunk and smoking drugs on the street. Where this would have usually resulted in a fine, BBC said at the time in the news item, he got of with no punishment! Talk about favourism! Yet Oxford have such high standards but they still accept someone with such history.
Reply 23
GSS
I don't believe this.

Blair's son, Nicky, was caught and stopped by the police being drunk and smoking drugs on the street. Where this would have usually resulted in a fine, BBC said at the time in the news item, he got of with no punishment! Talk about favourism! Yet Oxford have such high standards but they still accept someone with such history.

I can't believe how much there is wrong with this post.

(Crucially, it was Euan not Nicky, but pretty much everything you say is bollocks)
Reply 24
This thread really pisses me off. What has the poor guy done that people are so keen to piss on his parade? I think the best bit of this forum is the kind, helpful way in which even the most unlikely of potential applicants are advised and aided; people who actually get in are roundly congratulated. Why should he be treated differently?

sisyphus
Further evidence of the superiority of Cambridge.

This is just a disgraceful post. Insulting, unsibstantiated, arrogant, ignorant, all in just 7 words. And in case you were trying to be funny, it says a lot that you have to resort to such an incredibly cheap shot.

GSS
Blair's son, Nicky, was caught and stopped by the police being drunk and smoking drugs on the street.

Are you sure it was Nicky and not Euan; are you also sure you're not just exagerating the story? Quoting the BBC usually merits a link.

GSS
Oxford have such high standards but they still accept someone with such history.

You can't have been on this site, (or planet, for that matter), for very long. Haven't you seen the thread discussing which crowds at Oxford prefer getting regularly sloshed, which get stoned frequently, and which just prefer a good old fashioned line of coke? Even assuming your story isn't wildly inaccurate (which I strongly suspect it is), viewing it in the perspective of "teenager gets hammered and has a spliff" shows what a non-story it really is.
tomcoolinguk
I imagine that Nicky Blair is going to LMH because it will be so much easier logistically for security reasons, as the site is so big and everything. One of my friends is going to do English at LMH, and she seemed quite distressed at the thought of security guards being in the college etc.

I dount it. I know many, many people who were educated with Prince William at Eton; and from what I'm told, there wern't security guards running round the place.

Maybe, like lots of other people, he actually likes LHM?
Reply 26
BazTheMoney
I dount it. I know many, many people who were educated with Prince William at Eton; and from what I'm told, there wern't security guards running round the place.

Maybe, like lots of other people, he actually likes LHM?

Yep, Prince Charles only had one security guard at Cambridge as far as I am aware- and he was disguised as a student!
Reply 27
blairs son only got in to the uni becoz of his dad. thats why they didn't want to mention his grades.
Reply 28
His dad is an Oxford graduate, his mum's a lawyer. He obviously has no brains :rolleyes: .
Reply 29
Yet Oxford have such high standards but they still accept someone with such history.

Because I'm sure that ALL other Oxbridge applicants have never drunk alchohol or smoked weed..

:rolleyes:
Reply 30
Whatever, LMH is a really nice college, I don't think security will be an issue, its freshers week soon and I'm sure Nicholas (who has yet to realise the only other nick in college is an asshole, sorry pothers) will love the place. If you drop a grade in an unrelated subject the tutors probably won't care. i.e if he took maths and got a D, no problem, as long as he did ok in English / History etc. Either way, jokers are soon weeded out in Oxford (mods at the end of the 1st year) which even kings can't cheat on, so then you can all start to judge the poor guy. Hell, I'm just curious who's gonna drop him off on his first day! Thank f I'm in Jericho this year.

Take it easy,

Jonny

Latest

Trending

Trending