The Student Room Group

Parents lose custody of children after 'YouTube Pranks'

Parents in the YouTube channel DaddyOfFive have lost custody of two of their children after playing harmful pranks on them and uploading the videos online.

Pranks included pretending the youngest children had made a mess and screaming and swearing at them, and breaking the children's xbox with a hammer.

I think this is pretty awful! You can read the rest of the story here at BBC news.

Apparently the videos were fake, but it doesn't sound like it when the children were hysterically crying...

Do you think it was right for them to lose custody?
Reply 1
Hm.

Social services rarely act on a whim. Custody battles are expensive, after all. The videos might have prompted them to start investigating, but there's almost certainly more evidence that they've collected which the public aren't aware of.

I think it's safe to say that they must have a reasonable justification for removing the kids from their home.

Of course the reports will be confidential so there's no way we'll actually know what happened, but it could be interesting to see what the police investigation turns up.
Good.

The videos may have been "fake" in their opinion, but the distress of the children would have been real.In what way is screaming and shouting at a child okay? Emotional abuse is just as real as physical.
Reply 3
Saw some of the reuploads on youtube. Fake or not, the kids seemed very traumatised and upset by their parents.

Seems as though people think that the whole "it's just a prank, bro" line is an excuse for acting like an ******* and getting away with it.
I hope they feel the full force of the law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending