The Student Room Group

I still remember seeing a mother disciplining her children by swearing

What I'm talking about is that I saw a mother shouting at her children when I was going past the park to school. As I got nearer I heard her say the f word to her children. She just treats her kids like a dog. Is she entitled or not?
Reply 1
Sadly yes - they are her children and in this free world a parent has a right to give verbal advice to their child (good or bad)
It might just be a 'one off' parent thing losing their cool. For many kids this is just normal every day conversation.

Some dysfunctional parents produce even more dysfunctional kids who then learn bad habits and bad language and believe everything is always someone else's fault but never their own (ask any reception level teaching staff)

This isn't about poverty either - Often it is about a lack of care about childcare, a lack of knowledge of how to act as a good parent, or even to act as a good role model with a lack of effort to want to change anything. Kids treated in this way are usually the screamers and the tantrum creators notably in the supermarkets because they do not understand the inconsistent chaos of their adult world. One minute it's ok to do something and the next it is not. When they misbehave they get coarse words of advice which they quickly learn and repeat.
Reply 2
Original post by HL's problems
What I'm talking about is that I saw a mother shouting at her children when I was going past the park to school. As I got nearer I heard her say the f word to her children. She just treats her kids like a dog. Is she entitled or not?

People like this shouldn't have kids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending