The Student Room Group

CIE English Language May 2017 Paper 2

How you feeling today guys? What will the grade boundaries be like?

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone find this year's paper confusing/ vague? Personally I don't, but some of my classmates do think so.
Reply 2
Original post by badlitstudent
Did anyone find this year's paper confusing/ vague? Personally I don't, but some of my classmates do think so.

wait you guys have done the paper? I'm also doing paper 2 0500 but mine is at 1:30, will our papers be the same?
Obviously not, since we are in different time zones :smile:
Original post by badlitstudent

Yup, even I felt the passage A confusing. But i understood at last!
mine's at 13:30 and i'm bricking ittttttttttt
Reply 6
Original post by humbert-humbert
mine's at 13:30 and i'm bricking ittttttttttt

sameeeee good luck g
Original post by JayrZ
sameeeee good luck g

u too! can't wait to never look at a question 1 again lmao
What did y'all get for the bullet points?
Reply 9
Original post by Waddupitsyaboy
What did y'all get for the bullet points?

what did you get for the 3 bullet points and did you clock that beryl was a parrot as i said she was a bird but i did not specify.
Original post by Louisa C
what did you get for the 3 bullet points and did you clock that beryl was a parrot as i said she was a bird but i did not specify.

Yeah I clocked she was a parrot, since the passage was talking about parrots before. I wrote about him losing the bird and then getting it back again? And for the second I wrote the changes and that he wouldn't leave bc he's a good listener, therefore a good worker etc. For the last I just made up stuff like him moving away, freeing beryl etc. Wby?
Yeah I clocked she was a parrot, since the passage was talking about parrots before. I wrote about him losing the bird and then getting it back again? And for the second I wrote the changes and that he wouldn't leave bc he's a good listener, therefore a good worker etc. For the last I just made up stuff like him moving away, freeing beryl etc. Wby?

Wow that would be A*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said how he was living in an empty flat and he was lonely for the 1st bullet point. For the second I said the changes and how he was also a good listener
and for the last one i said about him leaving the door open for beryl and how she hums and tweets about theme tunes
Wow that would be A*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said how he was living in an empty flat and he was lonely for the 1st bullet point. For the second I said the changes and how he was also a good listener
and for the last one i said about him leaving the door open for beryl and how she hums and tweets about theme tunes

I wrote quite a bit more too, it was too much to say on here lmao. A* really? I was quite worried thought I'd messed it up. What did you get for the 15 bullet points for the people who don't have a parrot?
I wrote quite a bit more too, it was too much to say on here lmao. A* really? I was quite worried thought I'd messed it up. What did you get for the 15 bullet points for the people who don't have a parrot?

But the points werent only for the arguments for parrots but they were also for how should parronts should look after the parrots well being
But the points werent only for the arguments for parrots but they were also for how should parronts should look after the parrots well being

Yeah I know, what did you get for the first part of the question tho, the arguments against having a parrot. The wellbeing part was easy imo.
Reply 15
for arguments against having a parrot I said people mistreat them, they're easily malnourished, kept in small dirty cages, left alone for long hours, illegal parrot trading is a lucrative business, people feed them the wrong kind of food, some people just buy them for decoration/often abandoned etc
Reply 16
was rly hard tho idek
Guys I did q1 2 and 3 but I didn't really finish 3 what do you think the grade boundaries are
im sure they will be low seeing that people are finding rhe paper hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
pretty low i guess it was hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending