The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Crazy Cow
That seems a bit strange to me. If you are going to interview people, why would you have a back up pile? Why wouldn't you just add a few more dates? Say if no one says no to an interview, what happens to those people that didn't get an interview in the first place? Apparently because they were short listed they were good enough, so do they get passed by or is there going to be another set of interviews maybe in march? This is getting more complicated rather then less complicated!
I guess it also depends on how many invites they sent out in the first place, I guess you would expect at least 5% to turn it down for various reasons such as already accepted their first choice, changed their mind and withdrew, to can't make it-have my sister's wedding, or like me can't make it, in china, give me a call!
Someone else said that they had emailed about specific dates, sorry thought it was you. My mind is going you see that's what happens when you're old!

Hiya crazycow have you heard anything today? I still haven't and they've not answered my emails either. Has anyone got a specific email address regarding applications?

Thanks x :biggrin:
Nope haven't heard a thing, I am at the point where I'm now quite reserved about the whole thing. I'm passed continuous refreshing and on to "if it arrives, it arrives"
My information simply goes to my main personal account so I always check that so if it does arrive it won't get lost with my not checking my other email.
boohooo :puppyeyes: rejected from bristol
Reply 1383
Sorry to hear that dinkyferret. Where abouts in chesterfireld are you? I've got a friend who lives near Ashover and went to school in matlock. Have you ever been to ashover show? :biggrin:
Nicole89
Sorry to hear that dinkyferret. Where abouts in chesterfireld are you? I've got a friend who lives near Ashover and went to school in matlock. Have you ever been to ashover show? :biggrin:

Random but I have been to Ashover show, I've shown shire horses there.

Im still waiting to hear from Nottingham 6yr course.
Still waiting.. this is rather tedious now :p:
Reply 1386
nickj

I wish they would give us feedback though, just looking on UCAS and seeing unsuccesful is really disheartening! Couldnt they have waited untill after exams!!

inooooo :frown:
ive got 2 rejections now! its horrid seeing unsuccessful then unsuccessful!
exam motivation out of the widow! :redface:
Crazy Cow
That also could be correct! Here's hoping that is right as well!
Anything to help us all along to get an interview.

By the way where are you in Canada? I just ask as I'm half/half myself and my education is from there.

Nova Scotia - at the Nova Scotia Agri College. How about you?
Hilarious! I was just across the straight in Anne land aka PEI
Sorry to hear about the Bristol rejections :frown: , but don't worry, BE HAPPY!!!:smile:
Did any of you have an interview?
Reply 1390
dont worry bout the bristol rejections...most of you seem to have interviews else were so you all still have a good chance of a place!!! :smile:
Reply 1391
Were you guys on hold before interview or after interview? (At Bristol)
yeh i was wondering had anyone who was hold from bristol after interview heard anything yet? i havent neway!lol
I was put on hold with Bristol back in October, before interview. Now have interview in Feb.

Crazy Cow - you'll be pleased to know there's a thick covering of snow on the ground right now!
Reply 1394
i was rejected after being on hold since october ... sucks a tad .. but i suppose it did give me extra hope at the time! ... just hope notts interview goes well enough!
Nicole89

Heyya yup I used to go to primary school at ashover, my gran lived on the other side of the hill (fabrick rock) chesterfield way. ashover show was a bit pants this year due to all the biosecurity business but the dog racing was groovy. :p:

I was on hold before interview, I'm not suprised really my gcse's are pants. I'd like to think i have a kick ass PS though which has saved my bacon a bit.
Look on the bright side, that means your ps and a2 predictions were good enough to put you on hold!
yeah thats what i thought but if i dont get in this year im gonna resit my math and english gcse's and take physics a-level in a year and reapply
Hm, nothing from Nottingham yet...
Reply 1399
they probs wait until after 5 year interviews now and give all the offers out at once. your not rejected, you said your interview went well. you will hear from them soon enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending