The Student Room Group

If I have an unconditional offer does that mean I don’t need to do an interview?

I took a gap year so I already have my level 3 grades, so will all accepted applications be “unconditional” or does unconditional mean I don’t need an interview?
Also will universities update my application to say if I haven’t been successful or will they not bother? So far only one uni has got back to me with an unconditional offer, but I’m hoping to go to another uni if they accept me too.
What subject are you applying for - very few Unis/subjects interview now.
Original post by Locust
I took a gap year so I already have my level 3 grades, so will all accepted applications be “unconditional” or does unconditional mean I don’t need an interview?
Also will universities update my application to say if I haven’t been successful or will they not bother? So far only one uni has got back to me with an unconditional offer, but I’m hoping to go to another uni if they accept me too.

All Universities you have applied to should get back to you - they reject people they aren’t giving offers to.

Conditional/unconditional offers are just about grades and not interviews. If you have to interview or not will depend on if that uni interviews for that course. After an interview (or just after they’ve assessed your application if they dont interview) is when you’ll get an offer or a rejection.
Reply 3
Original post by McGinger
What subject are you applying for - very few Unis/subjects interview now.

Psychology 😁
Reply 4
Original post by Lauracarter123
All Universities you have applied to should get back to you - they reject people they aren’t giving offers to.

Conditional/unconditional offers are just about grades and not interviews. If you have to interview or not will depend on if that uni interviews for that course. After an interview (or just after they’ve assessed your application if they dont interview) is when you’ll get an offer or a rejection.

So what you’re saying is if they need an interview, they wouldn’t have given me an unconditional offer yet? I haven’t got anything saying I need to go to an interview so I’m hoping I don’t have to 😁 I suck at interviews! Lol
Original post by Locust
So what you’re saying is if they need an interview, they wouldn’t have given me an unconditional offer yet? I haven’t got anything saying I need to go to an interview so I’m hoping I don’t have to 😁 I suck at interviews! Lol

Unconditional means there are no extra conditions you need to meet so yes you do not need an interview. Whether other Unis would also offer you an unconditional offer without interviewing first just depends on the Uni.
Reply 6
My optom interview for plymouth is tomorrow and they have given me a conditional offer but they're saying its subjective to whether I pass an interview and get the grades. If I don't pass the interview will they take away my conditional offer ?
Original post by Abi-123
My optom interview for plymouth is tomorrow and they have given me a conditional offer but they're saying its subjective to whether I pass an interview and get the grades. If I don't pass the interview will they take away my conditional offer ?

Is “pass an interview” listed as a condition of the offer in UCAS?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending