Psychology 2017 AS exam (AQA) Watch

Rohima1999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Does anybody have an idea of what may come up in this years exam? If you do, please do let me know.
Thanks
frostfly
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rohima1999)
Does anybody have an idea of what may come up in this years exam? If you do, please do let me know.
Thanks
Hi, I do AQA Psychology too, and I'm in Year 12. We only do internal exams for Psychology since this new linear A Level, which don't count towards our real A Level. Is that the same for you?
Rohima1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by honour)
Hi, I do AQA Psychology too, and I'm in Year 12. We only do internal exams for Psychology since this new linear A Level, which don't count towards our real A Level. Is that the same for you?
Yep that's the same for us too. We only do two papers: Paper one consists of memory, social influence and attachment and paper two - A bit of Approaches, bio-psychology, psychopathology and research methods.
ElaArslan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's hard to predict bc new spec, and if someone gives a reasonable prediction don't just concentrate on that since it legit could be anything. AQA is nasty, they repeated the same question 4 yrs in a row for the old spec (I think it was about the working memory model)
frostfly
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rohima1999)
Yep that's the same for us too. We only do two papers: Paper one consists of memory, social influence and attachment and paper two - A bit of Approaches, bio-psychology, psychopathology and research methods.
Really? We only do Paper 2, despite having learned most of the topics in Paper 1 is well... You can find specimen papers on the AQA website for this new spec: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psych...ment-resources
Rohima1999
Rep:
?
Only paper two this year? Paper two is harder I think so good luck. And yes thank you for that but I was wondering if anyone had any strong predictions on what may appear on the two papers
m300
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would say this year for paper 1 the 12 marker for social influence: may be outline research into conformity so aschs reserch and evaluation
memory: multistore model or ewt
attachment: one of bolwbys theories or cultural variations or animal studies

For paper 2 iwould say the 12 marker for approaches may be the cognitive aproach
psycopathology: either behavioural approach to explaining phobias , biological approach to reating ocd or definitions abnormality. all the other 12 markers for psycopathology have come up in recent papers so i would suggest revising these two which haven't come up.

if you want more conformation on what topics to revise for the upcoming papers use this website :
https://www.loopa.co.uk/

he gives predictions which may come up for the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads