The Student Room Group

Psychology 2017 AS exam (AQA)

Does anybody have an idea of what may come up in this years exam? If you do, please do let me know.
Thanks
Original post by Rohima1999
Does anybody have an idea of what may come up in this years exam? If you do, please do let me know.
Thanks

Hi, I do AQA Psychology too, and I'm in Year 12. We only do internal exams for Psychology since this new linear A Level, which don't count towards our real A Level. Is that the same for you?
Reply 2
Original post by honour
Hi, I do AQA Psychology too, and I'm in Year 12. We only do internal exams for Psychology since this new linear A Level, which don't count towards our real A Level. Is that the same for you?

Yep that's the same for us too. We only do two papers: Paper one consists of memory, social influence and attachment and paper two - A bit of Approaches, bio-psychology, psychopathology and research methods.
It's hard to predict bc new spec, and if someone gives a reasonable prediction don't just concentrate on that since it legit could be anything. AQA is nasty, they repeated the same question 4 yrs in a row for the old spec (I think it was about the working memory model)
Original post by Rohima1999
Yep that's the same for us too. We only do two papers: Paper one consists of memory, social influence and attachment and paper two - A bit of Approaches, bio-psychology, psychopathology and research methods.

Really? We only do Paper 2, despite having learned most of the topics in Paper 1 is well... You can find specimen papers on the AQA website for this new spec: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/as-and-a-level/psychology-7181-7182/assessment-resources
Reply 5
Only paper two this year? Paper two is harder I think so good luck. And yes thank you for that but I was wondering if anyone had any strong predictions on what may appear on the two papers
Reply 6
I would say this year for paper 1 the 12 marker for social influence: may be outline research into conformity so aschs reserch and evaluation
memory: multistore model or ewt
attachment: one of bolwbys theories or cultural variations or animal studies

For paper 2 iwould say the 12 marker for approaches may be the cognitive aproach
psycopathology: either behavioural approach to explaining phobias , biological approach to reating ocd or definitions abnormality. all the other 12 markers for psycopathology have come up in recent papers so i would suggest revising these two which haven't come up.

if you want more conformation on what topics to revise for the upcoming papers use this website :
https://www.loopa.co.uk/

he gives predictions which may come up for the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending