The Student Room Group

Math C12 Edexcel

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has a list of the things we have to know for this exam.
I was using the Core C1, C2 math book by Peter Hind to study because I was originally doing the Core 1 and Core 2 exams separately but something got mixed up and I ended up signed for the C12 exam paper .. I am almost done with studying the topics and in the book there isn't a topic about Bearings but the first question in one of the papers is Bearings... so I am really worried that I haven't studied the right topics or as such, so it would mean a lot if anyone could clarify this for me..
Original post by LaylaM99
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone has a list of the things we have to know for this exam.
I was using the Core C1, C2 math book by Peter Hind to study because I was originally doing the Core 1 and Core 2 exams separately but something got mixed up and I ended up signed for the C12 exam paper .. I am almost done with studying the topics and in the book there isn't a topic about Bearings but the first question in one of the papers is Bearings... so I am really worried that I haven't studied the right topics or as such, so it would mean a lot if anyone could clarify this for me..

The specification that you will find on the Edexcel web site lists everything you should have learnt. C12 is the same content as C1 and C2 combined in a single exam. Bearings as a topic is something you are expected to know from GCSE just as area and volume of simple shapes or solving simultaneous equations is required knowledge. An understanding of bearings could be tested in the context of a sine rule/cosine rule trigonometry question.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
The specification that you will find on the Edexcel web site lists everything you should have learnt. C12 is the same content as C1 and C2 combined in a single exam. Bearings as a topic is something you are expected to know from GCSE just as area and volume of simple shapes or solving simultaneous equations is required knowledge. An understanding of bearings could be tested in the context of a sine rule/cosine rule trigonometry question.

Thank you for your reply, I just saw this! I did eventually find the specification and I am checking off the topics and things I need to know from there.
question11.JPGhey guys can someone help me with this question
Reply 4
factorize (tanθ)^2. Then you have something like a*b=0, thus a=0 or b=0
Hey, I'm new to edexcel exams so I need the link to the edexcel website you are checking from, will you please send me it?
Original post by PinkBlush9
Thank you for your reply, I just saw this! I did eventually find the specification and I am checking off the topics and things I need to know from there.

Hey, I'm new to edexcel exams so if u could, please send me the link of edexcel website you are checking from, ty

Quick Reply

Latest