The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why do you feel the need to be degree shaming
Original post by hezzlington
Did you go to university?

you are very mysterious

Yes thanks. You cnat have seen many posts, but fair enough.
Original post by 999tigger
Yes thanks. You cnat have seen many posts, but fair enough.

what did you study?
Original post by VinciII
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

no i actually laughed so much

pictured a virtual angry mob chasing after the gender study grads LOOL

but yh, id say David Beckham studies is perhaps the most worthless thing ever

STEM MASTER RACE HOOYA

The Stem master race threads are a good way to get rep because theres no downvoting.

For some reason gender studies is the one that gets picked out because theres loads who hate feminists on TSR so thats the perfect target.
Every degree is useless once you have years of job experience, something that a lot of the TSRians that cling to there prestigious degree refuse to accept :colondollar:
Original post by hezzlington
what did you study?

social sciences
Reply 26
any of the languages.... either your fluent or your not, why bother getting a degree in it?
Let's chill my brethren, lets just conclude that a degree cannot be useless if taught at University.
Original post by Sakisaka
Every degree is useless once you have years of job experience, something that a lot of the TSRians that cling to there prestigious degree refuse to accept :colondollar:

Years of experience are worthless once you've retired. Something a lot of working people that cling to their prestigious 'experience' refuse to accept.
Gender studies, art couple others.

Yes and no. You are still using the skills acquired and in some cases the knowledge first learned via the degree on a daily basis. Its also valuable if you go for another job.
Tourism Studies.
Any degree that you don't have a plan how you will use or the drive to achieve the best result you are capable of in.

Seriously I sat next to a computer science graduate on Saturday night in my part time call centre job. Ask him how awesome his stem degree from Edinburgh university is while he's working for £8.68 an hour doing nights and weekend shifts.

Show up for lectures, do your best work you can on assignments, use summer breaks to gain real experience and do a degree subject you have a passion and a plan for and no subject will be useless.

But if you're only in it because you heard graduates make more money, or because it seemed to be a subject you seem to do alright in without any passion or vision for your future and any degree will be useless.
History of Art
Gender studies

not every, try becoming a doctor with just XP hisoka

Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Gender studies, art couple others.

wow didnt even know gender studies was a thing
Original post by futuresomething
not every, try becoming a doctor with just XP hisoka

wow didnt even know gender studies was a thing

Just watch me!! I got my gcse science back off scrubs
Some degrees may be less practical than others, but that doesn't mean they're useless. Jobs in more scientific/mathematical fields will obviously require a certain level of taught knowledge which is why you can't get particular jobs without having a degree in that subject area, whilst other degrees are more like an accompaniment to a career.
Original post by Jirga
business/finance/economics

Obvious troll spotted.
Original post by username2981082
Drama. It is just a dumbed down version of English Literature and it does not teach you how to be a good actor. Performing arts schools teach you more about acting than a drama degree. The assignments are laughable. For example, at my university, one of the drama assignments was to take a selfie outside Senate House Library.

Factssssss......
Reply 39
Original post by coconutcookie
Factssssss......

The fact that you replied to this 4 Yr old thread means you searched it up on Google, make better use of your time lool.

But to answer it, Gender Studies.

Latest