Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ccea 2017 c2 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How did youse find the C2 paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireblaze321)
    How did youse find the C2 paper
    Horrible, left out about 30 questions and the rest were just guesses. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    Worst exam i have ever sat let alone maths exam. The first question was the only one that was decent, the rest were the worst possible questions ccea could come up with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orb01)
    Worst exam i have ever sat let alone maths exam. The first question was the only one that was decent, the rest were the worst possible questions ccea could come up with
    I honestly have never seen anything like those questions, I feel i could have done well in the c2 past papers but that was something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICantDoMaths99)
    I honestly have never seen anything like those questions, I feel i could have done well in the c2 past papers but that was something else
    C1 was standard but C2 might aswell been a new specification, never seen that binomial layout before and that last question was impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orb01)
    C1 was standard but C2 might aswell been a new specification, never seen that binomial layout before and that last question was impossible
    I feel even then the binomial question was one of the easier ones of the paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ICantDoMaths99)
    I feel even then the binomial question was one of the easier ones of the paper.
    For the binomial did u expand up as far as x3 or expand up to x3 term like was the cut of x3 or did u get up as far as x6

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okdmd46)
    For the binomial did u expand up as far as x3 or expand up to x3 term like was the cut of x3 or did u get up as far as x6

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got up to x^6 i think but im not sure what is right how about yoy?

ReputationRep:
    How were you meant to do the binomial? Do you use x - x^2 as the x term in the expansion? Or do you factorise for two different brackets, expand them with binomial then multiply them together at the end? Like wtf was that paper

ReputationRep:
    i guessed most of those questions and left out a few..what was the answer for the second log question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireblaze321)
    i guessed most of those questions and left out a few..what was the answer for the second log question?
    x=3 and x=-2 and then you had to cancel out the -2.

ReputationRep:
    Think I got x=-2 and 3 but one was impossible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemnerd4life)
    x=3 and x=-2 and then you had to cancel out the -2.
    got that wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amilner855)
    How were you meant to do the binomial? Do you use x - x^2 as the x term in the expansion? Or do you factorise for two different brackets, expand them with binomial then multiply them together at the end? Like wtf was that paper
    Treat x-x2 as one term

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone remember what they got for the last area question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ihatemaths9)
    Didn't even know how to do it

ReputationRep:
    i got like 1/36 for the second log question

ReputationRep:

i got like 70.2 but idek cause i did it weirdly and it seemed wrong

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what was the angles youse got for the sine cosine question

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.