The Student Room Group

H&SC A-level and the future

Hey! I’m thinking about studying double award health and social care (CCEA so northern Irish board) for my A levels this upcoming academic year and was wondering if this would be considered a science? May be a stupid question so I wanted to ask here before I made a fool out of myself by asking Uni of Glasgow lol
Original post by Urfaveblondie
Hey! I’m thinking about studying double award health and social care (CCEA so northern Irish board) for my A levels this upcoming academic year and was wondering if this would be considered a science? May be a stupid question so I wanted to ask here before I made a fool out of myself by asking Uni of Glasgow lol

Have you seen a course when the entry requirements state that a "science" is required, without qualifying what they would consider a science? If so, which course is that?

Entry requirements are normally more specific than just saying "a science". For example, for BN (Hons) Nursing their A level subject requirements are: "two A-levels from Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics." That's it.

For the way they classify A level subjects generally, see this page. "Health and Social Care" is not listed under the "Science" heading, but instead appears under "General and Vocational". :frown:

I think your best bet is to contact them directly, as this is not "a stupid question". They have different e-mail addresses / enquiry forms for admissions questions depending upon for what general subject area you'd be applying. See this page for further details. When you contact them, ensure you make it very clear that you're talking about an A level Double Award in Health and Social Care from CCEA (so they know you don't mean the BTEC in that subject).

Quick Reply

Latest