The Student Room Group

I think I've messed up my history exam

This isn't an incredibly important exam, but my teacher does mark for ccea so it's being graded to exam board standards. History is also a harder subject for me and I really want to pull my grades up from low - mid 80s to 90s like the rest of my subjects.
Exam was questions 1 - 4 of the CCEA GCSE History Nazi paper. On question two I wrote about the Night Of the Long Knives when the question asked about two ways the Nazis gained control in 1933.
For some reason when I was revising I read 1933 and even though I doubted it and knew the NOTLK happened in 1934, that's what I had read.
All of the information I wrote was right I just technically shouldn't have written about it. Am I going to get any marks out of 3?
Original post by raniyahamid
This isn't an incredibly important exam, but my teacher does mark for ccea so it's being graded to exam board standards. History is also a harder subject for me and I really want to pull my grades up from low - mid 80s to 90s like the rest of my subjects.
Exam was questions 1 - 4 of the CCEA GCSE History Nazi paper. On question two I wrote about the Night Of the Long Knives when the question asked about two ways the Nazis gained control in 1933.
For some reason when I was revising I read 1933 and even though I doubted it and knew the NOTLK happened in 1934, that's what I had read.
All of the information I wrote was right I just technically shouldn't have written about it. Am I going to get any marks out of 3?

The question was only 3 marks? The issue with History is, you must answer what the question asks/requires. Just because what you wrote is factually accurate it doesn’t mean you’re going to get marks for it.

You probably won’t get marks for writing about NLK. You probably should’ve written about the Reichstag Fire and the emergency decree etc…but then I didn’t take your exam board, and I’m probably viewing it from an A-level perspective, where you wouldn’t get marks for it.

Don’t worry about it, it’s just a small assessment, and if you don’t get those marks, the mistake you made will be an easy fix. Next time you’ll just remember to read the question three times!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending