The Student Room Group

2017 Law unit 2 aqa unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by new1234
It was 8 marks wasnt it? You included factual causation, you included foreseeability and the effect this has on remoteness and you used relevant cases. You should be fine and it sounds like a sound answer to me. Remember you don't know where they might cap the ums so you could lose one raw mark but still come out with full ums. To be honest I only included the method of damage being unusual coz my answer looked to short and a wheel coming off a car and hitting a greenhouse is a little weirder than normal. I doubt this actually picked up marks for me and I was just trying to make my answer a little longer! Dont worry. You should be fine!!

Ahh thank you!! You'd get all 8 for applying method because you've included it all, although thinking about it I probably should have also applied the Thin Skull Rule as the susceptibility of the greenhouse (as it's glass) wouldn't have been too remote, but there's just not enough time i don't think!! Bit worried because I didn't finish; did the damages question first and then got halfway through tracks so full UMS is a bit of a gamble :/ but thank you, I feel much better!!! How was the rest of the paper for you??
Reply 81
Original post by _Joe24_
Ahh thank you!! You'd get all 8 for applying method because you've included it all, although thinking about it I probably should have also applied the Thin Skull Rule as the susceptibility of the greenhouse (as it's glass) wouldn't have been too remote, but there's just not enough time i don't think!! Bit worried because I didn't finish; did the damages question first and then got halfway through tracks so full UMS is a bit of a gamble :/ but thank you, I feel much better!!! How was the rest of the paper for you??

Didn't even think of the thin skull rule, good spot!
How much of the tracks question did you include? You could still get full UMS dont worry! If not, 90 UMS is not bad but I get it you want to high in this paper to make it easier next year or to get the A*? No worries, glad I could help!! Not too bad to be honest! I wanted 180 UMS overall at least but I doubt that I will get that now as Unit 1 was terrible. Hoping I only have to resit unit 1 and unit 2 went a lot better. Fingers crossed!!!
Reply 82
If anyone needs help with unit 3, and unit 4( (if you're doing property offences), let me know :smile:
A lot of this is right, good mark scheme mate. Identifying the tracks however, you've written fast track claims to be £1000, and it's £10,000-£25,000! Apart from that, all good.
Reply 84
Original post by chickenpoodle12
A lot of this is right, good mark scheme mate. Identifying the tracks however, you've written fast track claims to be £1000, and it's £10,000-£25,000! Apart from that, all good.

thanks. I didnt mean that as the limit. I meant that with respect to Debbie's claim as it was over £1000 in PERSONAL INJURY so it cant go to her small claims and must go to the fast track.
Reply 85
Original post by chickenpoodle12

Also what is not right as I can change it?
Original post by sararodrigues
Pretty much all you had to do besides the transferred malice. For some reason, I thought it didn't apply but then I kinda doubt it? But oh well, not to sound cocky but I think I did reasonably well that not answering this question properly will not affect me too much. But I know it still is

How did it go for you? :smile:

Original post by sararodrigues
Pretty much all you had to do besides the transferred malice. For some reason, I thought it didn't apply but then I kinda doubt it? But oh well, not to sound cocky but I think I did reasonably well that not answering this question properly will not affect me too much. But I know it still is

How did it go for you? :smile:

Fairly well thanks, I think it's fairly likely to apply since they asked us to explain it in the second question and questions usually progress so you don't have to explain rules in the same amount of detail again.
I can't remember if I used cases in the res ipsa question like Scott v London & St. Katherine Docs stupidly and the application was kind of scattered but I think I did okay overall. I finished the paper in the time which was my biggest worry
Original post by Chichaldo
Fairly well thanks, I think it's fairly likely to apply since they asked us to explain it in the second question and questions usually progress so you don't have to explain rules in the same amount of detail again.
I can't remember if I used cases in the res ipsa question like Scott v London & St. Katherine Docs stupidly and the application was kind of scattered but I think I did okay overall. I finished the paper in the time which was my biggest worry

Yeah, same I finished just five minutes before so I had time to go over the paper and had some extra bits. To be honest, the second part of the exam was surprising because they made us talk about multiple people which they usually do that for unit 3 and 4. Also, when they asked about only 2 risk factors and what not, how many cases did you put? I don't think they have ever done that!
Original post by vegains
If anyone needs help with unit 3, and unit 4( (if you're doing property offences), let me know :smile:

Just general questions or revision plans / possible type of exam questions / resources?

I did there's 2 law teachers, one who is the 'expert' and has taught it for years and year and another who's a classics/history teacher but the 'expert' doesn't know an awful lot without looking in the book and just reads out of the book every lesson even now. I only got a C in unit two last year because we had the 'expert' for both unit 1 and 2, I have the classics/history for OAT person and the 'expert' for morals/property so I am a bit worried about morals/property because of this. The classics/history teacher managed to re-teach/revise unit 2 in a couple of after school and class revision sessions as my whole group re-sat unit 2. By possible exam questions I don't exactly mean predictions but like Q1&2 for U2 is always causation, Contemporaneity, mens rea, strict liability, transferred malice and omissions.

Moan over. xD
Original post by new1234
Can someone tell me whether they concluded either of the damage too remote in the Tort section??????

I think most of the damage was not too remote, it is likely a fallen wheel will damage the car and destroy property (greenhouse), causing a cut specifically perhaps not but causing injuries to said person definitely. I think if you argue it either way strongly with a few cases you will get marks.
Reply 90
Just general questions or revision plans / possible type of exam questions / resources?

I did there's 2 law teachers, one who is the 'expert' and has taught it for years and year and another who's a classics/history teacher but the 'expert' doesn't know an awful lot without looking in the book and just reads out of the book every lesson even now. I only got a C in unit two last year because we had the 'expert' for both unit 1 and 2, I have the classics/history for OAT person and the 'expert' for morals/property so I am a bit worried about morals/property because of this. The classics/history teacher managed to re-teach/revise unit 2 in a couple of after school and class revision sessions as my whole group re-sat unit 2. By possible exam questions I don't exactly mean predictions but like Q1&2 for U2 is always causation, Contemporaneity, mens rea, strict liability, transferred malice and omissions.

Moan over. xD

Do you have Kik?
Original post by vegains
Do you have Kik?

Yeah
Reply 92
Yeah

Send your username via private message if you don't want to share it publicly.
Do you guys have any idea about the grade boundaries ? Is it gonna be higher than last year ?
Original post by ydnmz20
Do you guys have any idea about the grade boundaries ? Is it gonna be higher than last year ?

I think it will be roughly the same as last year's. I think for unit 1 it will move up and unit 2 it will move done essentially still staying the same as last year's. I think it will be 84 for an A for unit 1 and 71/70 for an A in unit 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
I think it will be higher for both if I am honest!
Reply 96
Original post by new1234
Didn't even think of the thin skull rule, good spot!
How much of the tracks question did you include? You could still get full UMS dont worry! If not, 90 UMS is not bad but I get it you want to high in this paper to make it easier next year or to get the A*? No worries, glad I could help!! Not too bad to be honest! I wanted 180 UMS overall at least but I doubt that I will get that now as Unit 1 was terrible. Hoping I only have to resit unit 1 and unit 2 went a lot better. Fingers crossed!!!

I wrote Small Claims Track, which judge would hear in which court, and financial limits. Did the same for Fast Track; managed to squeeze in 'would apply to Debbie due to personal injury' which is very weak Application but they had called time up so I was lucky to get any application at all, though probably won't be credited...as for Full UMS, that's partly the reason, also because I enjoyed the subject I made it my own goal to get full UMS which was pretty tough but oh well. And I bet you have done better than you think! Unit 1 was pretty rubbish but hopefully your examiner is generous, although I'm sure you've done well!!
Reply 97
Original post by _Joe24_
I wrote Small Claims Track, which judge would hear in which court, and financial limits. Did the same for Fast Track; managed to squeeze in 'would apply to Debbie due to personal injury' which is very weak Application but they had called time up so I was lucky to get any application at all, though probably won't be credited...as for Full UMS, that's partly the reason, also because I enjoyed the subject I made it my own goal to get full UMS which was pretty tough but oh well. And I bet you have done better than you think! Unit 1 was pretty rubbish but hopefully your examiner is generous, although I'm sure you've done well!!

Does not sound too bad you will atleast get 2 marks for that! Timing is so hard in this exam! I highly doubt but lets hope so!!
Who spoke about the thin skull rule when applying to Gordon cause he knew that John was a violent guy. They repeated this like 3 times, how hes violent with criminal convinctions and should have stayed away.
Reply 99
Original post by asianspice19
Who spoke about the thin skull rule when applying to Gordon cause he knew that John was a violent guy. They repeated this like 3 times, how hes violent with criminal convinctions and should have stayed away.

Gordon didnt do anything to John though? Thin skull rule is you take your victim as you find them so surely it does not apply since John was not the victim he was the defendant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending