The Student Room Group

Gcse exam, girl having a fit

So in the middle of the English lit exam today this girl started having a fit, and it fully disrupted everyone's exam and my heart was racing so fast for her. They took her outta the room and brought her back, is that even allowed?
Well, yes... There might have been something seriously wrong with her.
Original post by jannat_xoo
So in the middle of the English lit exam today this girl started having a fit, and it fully disrupted everyone's exam and my heart was racing so fast for her. They took her outta the room and brought her back, is that even allowed?

Why wouldn't it be allowed?
So what should likely happen is that the school should have you sign "Special Consideration" forms. These essentially line out an event that happened during an exam, that disrupted the exam.

For example, last year our school ran 2 English Lit exams, on different boards (long story.) The students on the other exam had done Never Let Me Go. The exam question mixed up the words deferrals and referrals, and it tripped students up. They signed this form, and some got extra marks.

If your school does not bring this up, ask your exams office.
i guess u could say... She was pretty fit
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Why wouldn't it be allowed?

I mean like shouldn't she have gotten more time and everyone else for the disturbance and like because she had a fit surely it was wrong for them to put her back into the exam, the same setting she got her fit in

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by vicvic38
So what should likely happen is that the school should have you sign "Special Consideration" forms. These essentially line out an event that happened during an exam, that disrupted the exam.

For example, last year our school ran 2 English Lit exams, on different boards (long story.) The students on the other exam had done Never Let Me Go. The exam question mixed up the words deferrals and referrals, and it tripped students up. They signed this form, and some got extra marks.

If your school does not bring this up, ask your exams office.

Okayyy tyvmm xo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I mean like shouldn't she have gotten more time and everyone else for the disturbance and like because she had a fit surely it was wrong for them to put her back into the exam, the same setting she got her fit in

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see. Well it's a bit odd to just chuck her back in the exam room as if nothing had happened, but clearly she was happy to go back in and carry on and the invigilators made a decision that there hadn't been too much disruption to the rest of the examinees. I agree with you though - it is a bit odd!
Reply 8
Original post by FopePrancis
Well, yes... There might have been something seriously wrong with her.

What I meant was that surely it was wrong for her to continue and for the rest of the group to continue because her health matters more and it could've happened again😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Reality Check
I see. Well it's a bit odd to just chuck her back in the exam room as if nothing had happened, but clearly she was happy to go back in and carry on and the invigilators made a decision that there hadn't been too much disruption to the rest of the examinees. I agree with you though - it is a bit odd!

yeah it really is odd and weird, she doesn't know English that well so it must've hard for her to make the decision to come back into the exam but yeah it was so scary. Literally felt so bad for her, she should've been given extra time but wasn't

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by rickH123
i guess u could say... She was pretty fit

OmLLL😩😩😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
OmLLL😩😩😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Barry-Yes.gif
The exam board will most likely be notified of this incident and there will be extra marks awarded to everyone in the exam hall at the time. Just ask the exams office whether they have notified the exam board of this or not because if they haven't, you should persuade them to do so.
I don't know what the girl had but I have epilepsy and if she did as well that's totally unfair because after a seizure ppl usually feel like they haven't been to sleep for a week and I occasionally vomit and the headaches are unbelievably painful also if she was in the middle of the fit and they carried her out that's wrong as well

Quick Reply

Latest