The Student Room Group

Head Girl Speech - Help

Some background information: I accidentally applied for the Head Girl position (I know what you're thinking, how can someone accidentally apply to be Head Girl - well I was in a rush and didn't read what I was applying for, I just saw the girl option and ticked) I meant to apply for prefect but I don't mind having to apply for Head Girl.
Now the issue: I don't know how to structure my speech, or what it has to include.
As a student: I am currently enrolled in 4 Alevel courses (Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Economics), i sat 10 GCSEs and got mostly 9s and some 8s (I do not wish to give the impression that i am arrogant, english is my 3rd language and i worked really hard to achieve the grades i have)
Original post by Nat16.
Some background information: I accidentally applied for the Head Girl position (I know what you're thinking, how can someone accidentally apply to be Head Girl - well I was in a rush and didn't read what I was applying for, I just saw the girl option and ticked) I meant to apply for prefect but I don't mind having to apply for Head Girl.
Now the issue: I don't know how to structure my speech, or what it has to include.
As a student: I am currently enrolled in 4 Alevel courses (Maths, Physics, Further Maths and Economics), i sat 10 GCSEs and got mostly 9s and some 8s (I do not wish to give the impression that i am arrogant, english is my 3rd language and i worked really hard to achieve the grades i have)

Hi @Nat16.

Sounds like you've gotten yourself into an unusual situation! But II would take it in your stride.

It's clear you're a talented student so congrats on your results! I would recommend when writing your speech to include some of the following points...

Your achievements and attributes - you don't necessarily need to list everything you've done, but mentioning that some things that you have worked hard for could be good. And for the attributes, you can mention why you'd be a good fit for the position.

Why you would like to be Head Girl - I know you didn't mean to apply for this role, but you sound like a good fit, so express why you want to be Head Girl

Maybe include some things/plans you would like to achieve while being Head Girl, or add in some things about your sixth form that you would like to change.

And just try to relax and stay calm. The best speech will be a genuine one that sounds like it's come from you and your honest voice.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Nat16.

Sounds like you've gotten yourself into an unusual situation! But II would take it in your stride.

It's clear you're a talented student so congrats on your results! I would recommend when writing your speech to include some of the following points...

Your achievements and attributes - you don't necessarily need to list everything you've done, but mentioning that some things that you have worked hard for could be good. And for the attributes, you can mention why you'd be a good fit for the position.

Why you would like to be Head Girl - I know you didn't mean to apply for this role, but you sound like a good fit, so express why you want to be Head Girl

Maybe include some things/plans you would like to achieve while being Head Girl, or add in some things about your sixth form that you would like to change.

And just try to relax and stay calm. The best speech will be a genuine one that sounds like it's come from you and your honest voice.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

Thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending