The Student Room Group

Girls Only

Umm so interestingly the cycle has begun. And GCSEs r tomorrow literally and idk what to do cuz i get really bad pain and i do not want it to affect my exam performance. Any tips to deal with pain and heavy flow as it is not looking good.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Nat16.
Umm so interestingly the cycle has begun. And GCSEs r tomorrow literally and idk what to do cuz i get really bad pain and i do not want it to affect my exam performance. Any tips to deal with pain and heavy flow as it is not looking good.

Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory and general in my experience works best at combatting pain, take two pills half an hour before your exam and don't take any more until at least 4 hours have passed. Then you can take more, if needed. Stay hydrated, wear non tight-fitting clothing (if you can) and try and get good sleep tonight. Use whatever products you're most comfortable with to least distract you from your exam, but tampons might be better if you have noticably heavy flow.
Try and listen to your body and don't push yourself too hard this evening, even though you might want to revise. Stress makes the pain worse for me, so you're not in a great spot - try to allow yourself small things to keep you comfy. Maybe wear fluffy socks tomorrow, hidden in your shoes, or try wearing trainers if your school allows.
Ultimately it sucks being on your period at this time, but considering how long the exams stretch over, most girls are going to end up bleeding at some point, don't stress too much. At least if you're getting it now, then when you need energy for the final stretch in a few weeks, you're less likely to be hit by it unexpectedly!
Best of luck, I hope everything goes well for you
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Thank you, as it seems my period is scheluded for the last weeks of exams too, the only reason im stressed is due to having it in my mocks and it was a dreadful experience. Nobody had painkillers, i leaked from the previous exam - the heavy flow is just so frustrating. And they did not let me go home and change so of course i had to sit my next exam - physics - where i could not even sit in my chair. for 1hr 45mins i was sitting on the edge of a chair in dreadful pain my muscles numb from the position i was sitting in and with an exam in front of me. I was ready to bawl my eyes out simply because the odds were against me and i would usually get 8/9s for my science exams but on this eventful day i got a 6. So this is why i am scared and stressed, i cannot afford bad grades.
Reply 3
Original post by Nat16.
Thank you, as it seems my period is scheluded for the last weeks of exams too, the only reason im stressed is due to having it in my mocks and it was a dreadful experience. Nobody had painkillers, i leaked from the previous exam - the heavy flow is just so frustrating. And they did not let me go home and change so of course i had to sit my next exam - physics - where i could not even sit in my chair. for 1hr 45mins i was sitting on the edge of a chair in dreadful pain my muscles numb from the position i was sitting in and with an exam in front of me. I was ready to bawl my eyes out simply because the odds were against me and i would usually get 8/9s for my science exams but on this eventful day i got a 6. So this is why i am scared and stressed, i cannot afford bad grades.

That sounds like a nightmare - the only advice I can give is just to do everything to soothe your mind. When you go in, have a bag with
- a water bottle (clear, no label)
- a pack of ibuprofen and a pack of paracetamol (in case you find one of them works better)
- extra tampons and pads
- a change of clothes just in case
- something to eat to keep your blood sugar up between exams

That way, no matter what happens, you've got something there with you in school and you're totally prepared. Also consider maybe telling a friend or trusted teacher what you're worried about? They might be able to get you water or painkillers if you can't do it yourself.
I'm wishing for the best for you, you've got this <3
Reply 4
Original post by elahelm
That sounds like a nightmare - the only advice I can give is just to do everything to soothe your mind. When you go in, have a bag with
- a water bottle (clear, no label)
- a pack of ibuprofen and a pack of paracetamol (in case you find one of them works better)
- extra tampons and pads
- a change of clothes just in case
- something to eat to keep your blood sugar up between exams

That way, no matter what happens, you've got something there with you in school and you're totally prepared. Also consider maybe telling a friend or trusted teacher what you're worried about? They might be able to get you water or painkillers if you can't do it yourself.
I'm wishing for the best for you, you've got this <3

I'm honestly scared myself, lets hope so because i need a lot of luck to pull this through. I have to say men are so lucky they never have to deal with any of this stress. Question: My waterbottle doesn't have any labels and you can clearly see through it, but it has a blueish tinge to it, idk if its allowed but i don't have any other water bottle
Reply 5
I'm not sure that a coloured watr bottle is allowed - they have some ridiculously strict rules about it these days. I would try and get my hands on a displosable water bottle if I were you, and just take the sticky label off. They do them in vending machines or petrol sations, and you can keep a hold of it through the rest of your exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending