The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature paper 2 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Soo happy with bayonet charge i did it with war photographer!!
Am I the only one who compared bayonet charge to the charge of the light brigade. I had over 10 solid points to make for that one but knowone else seemed to do it
Reply 42
Original post by nightcrawl3r
me too i spent so long on poetry i didn't have enough time for unseen poetry

Same
The Inspector calls question number 1 was on Mrs Birling, Right????

I thought it said Mr Birling so I did it all on Mr Birling. What will happen?!?!?!

I am sooooo scared 😶😧😱😰😭

I compared Mother any distance with walking away
I actually loved the inspector calls theme question. It asked about society and society changing with the inspector. That literally fits into every character and every theme we learnt about. Why did people pick the harder option?
Original post by xosunshinexo
The Inspector calls question number 1 was on Mrs Birling, Right????

I thought it said Mr Birling so I did it all on Mr Birling. What will happen?!?!?!

I am sooooo scared 😶😧😱😰😭

I compared Mother any distance with walking away

A bunch of people from my school did that! I did the question on the inspector though. It might just mean they mark it leniently or lower the grade boundary's but idk.
Original post by Freya456
I thought I was the only one! I ended up writing 27 and then on the two boxes below it I wrote .1 hopefully they know what I mean

I wrote 27 in the boxes and the .1 in the answer lines next to it.
Original post by Harrison.B 15
I wrote 27 in the boxes and the .1 in the answer lines next to it.

me too!
Reply 48
Am I the only one who compared bayonet charge to the charge of the light brigade. I had over 10 solid points to make for that one but knowone else seemed to do it

Yeah I did that too
Original post by PXX
Really upset right now since I accidentally wrote about Mr Birling instead of Mrs Birling for AIC :frown: Will I lose all 30 marks? Or will I get some for my analysis of language and things like that?

That is exactly what I did. Am sooooo scared I don't wanna fail. My heart is beating so fast am so worried. What will happen
Original post by HayloCraft
A bunch of people from my school did that! I did the question on the inspector though. It might just mean they mark it leniently or lower the grade boundary's but idk.

Hopefully they are safe because I put so much effort in them paragraphs and I don't want to lose 30 marks
Original post by haydenp
How did you feel that it went? I thought it went great! Knew the poem to compare with (Remains)

I wrote about 4.5 pages altogether. English is my weak subject.
I compared Bayonet Charge to Charge of The Light Brigade
My first question, I had to write about An Inspector Calls. I wrote 2 pages on that, could have written loads more but I went over 45 minutes on writing it.
Unseen poetry was hard, couldn't really write about "Autumn". Wrote more on the second unseen poetry question than the first
I thought I was the only one! I ended up writing 27 and then on the two boxes below it I wrote .1 hopefully they know what I mean

I had to ask an invigilator over... I think I worry about these things too much!
For the unseen poetry I said as it didn't have a non rhyming scheme and contrasted that the poem was like an affair and the justapose of natural and unatrual of the wind and the rober was the other person in the poem took the love and the haramany of the relationship leaving it not rhymed also it was written in 17 lines and could have been written as a snoet but taken by the affair !!???? Could I say that!?

This is for that's Autumn poem
Original post by caseynh
It went so well!! The inspector calls Q was kinda okay, not the best but I'm happy with it! I then compared Mother Any Distance to Walking away - anyone else do this?

Unseen poetry was perfect, I should have written more for the 24mark question I only wrote two sides, there was so much to write about but I was worried I wouldn't have enough time. I wish I'd atleast written 2.5 sides on it

Wrote a good nearly two sides for the second question, it was perfect!!

It's half term now I'm so happy, thank God!! I feel relieved & and I'm happy it went kinda good

I didn't Walking Away as well! And I thought Inspector Calls went great, which question did you pick?
basically i didn't read the part of the question where it said to talk about 'effects of war' so i just compared bayonet charge and charge of the light brigade. i still analysed language, form and structure as well as alternate interpretations, effect on reader and context. doing all the things, whats the highest mark i could of got without actually being specific to the question (i mentioned it only whilst double checking y work in the conclusion). my poems were war poems so all my points were war based just not really about effects. is it still possible for me to get an 8/7 if my section a and c were really good, and my paper 1 was really good????
Did anyone compare Mother any distance to follower?
I did, i felt it compared really well but am now scared!
Original post by Smallman14
I compared Bayonet Charge to Storm on the Island because an interpretation of the storm is that it represents the conflict in Ireland. Because the last line says it is nothing we fear, I spoke about how brainwashing soldiers was portrayed in both of the poems.
The difference here was that in Bayonet charge, the soldier thinks about his actions which shows him as a conscious and possibly a moral person while in Storm on the island they are portrayed as mindless zombies because they fear 'nothing' due to brave news or because there is no real enemy.
I didn't want to go for an explicit poem that you could use to compare to because I don't think you could get that high a grade. Also, I revised Storm on the island more than some of the easier comparing poems. Hopefully the person marking will be impressed and not think me an idiot. 😂

Same here - I did my comparison on London because I said how's there's a metaphorical war due to self inflicted conflict from the government .
Original post by elizabethperroni
Did anyone compare Mother any distance to follower?
I did, i felt it compared really well but am now scared!

Don't worry I did too
Hated the unseen section

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending