The Student Room Group

Full time job and 3 A Levels through distant learning!

Has anyone ever done or know of anyone who has managed to sucessfully work full time and also self-study three full A-levels over 2 years(or less/more)?

I am considering making this move, but first comes the thorough research.

So yeah, any stories and advices on this decision would be greatly appreciated.
I know friends who have done this but messed up their a levels because they wasted too much time. Relationships are a waste of time if you want to excel in both A levels and get a full time job.
Only go for it if you are confident of doing work from day 1 in your a levels(NO SLACKING), then IMO it is easily possible as i've worked too. But if you go to work, come back home and waste most of your day with a boyfriend/girlfriend then i wouldnt suggest working lol. A levels are demanding af. Do you want top grades? If you do you need to be disciplined and not waste time.
So in conclusion is ALL about your time management skills and hunger to get top grades. You can do all the research you like but its down to you. My opinion is that is TOTALLY possible.....but as i said you need to not waste time and have the hunger to do well.
Original post by Mathsmad123
I know friends who have done this but messed up their a levels because they wasted too much time. Relationships are a waste of time if you want to excel in both A levels and get a full time job.
Only go for it if you are confident of doing work from day 1 in your a levels(NO SLACKING), then IMO it is easily possible as i've worked too. But if you go to work, come back home and waste most of your day with a boyfriend/girlfriend then i wouldnt suggest working lol. A levels are demanding af. Do you want top grades? If you do you need to be disciplined and not waste time.
So in conclusion is ALL about your time management skills and hunger to get top grades. You can do all the research you like but its down to you. My opinion is that is TOTALLY possible.....but as i said you need to not waste time and have the hunger to do well.

So, you have done it aswell?
Original post by ChemicalChance
Has anyone ever done or know of anyone who has managed to sucessfully work full time and also self-study three full A-levels over 2 years(or less/more)?

I am considering making this move, but first comes the thorough research.

So yeah, any stories and advices on this decision would be greatly appreciated.

Did you ever manage to do this or was it just too much?
I'm considering doing the same thing but cant find that much info on the practicality.
Kind regards,
GB

Quick Reply

Latest