The Student Room Group

Full-Time Distance courses

i have severe social anxiety and its so bad, i cant even go to school anymore. i cant find any distance learning courses that are full-time education and im really freaking out, does anyone know any full-time distance college courses? ive been searching but none class as full time :frown:
Original post by misou
i have severe social anxiety and its so bad, i cant even go to school anymore. i cant find any distance learning courses that are full-time education and im really freaking out, does anyone know any full-time distance college courses? ive been searching but none class as full time :frown:

What specific level and subjects are you looking for? College courses come in all sort of varieities and not all are provided online.

Also, are you looking to get the course through a recognised by Ofqual (and hence will be recognised for student finance), or are you willing to be a bit more flexible?

Optional:
If this is a lot, how about we start with the end goal? What career do you want to go into? Do you need specific degrees? Which specific universiites are you thinking for applying to and for which specific degrees?
Reply 2
Original post by MindMax2000
What specific level and subjects are you looking for? College courses come in all sort of varieities and not all are provided online.

Also, are you looking to get the course through a recognised by Ofqual (and hence will be recognised for student finance), or are you willing to be a bit more flexible?

Optional:
If this is a lot, how about we start with the end goal? What career do you want to go into? Do you need specific degrees? Which specific universiites are you thinking for applying to and for which specific degrees?

i have no particular study that i would choose, i just know i have to pick something. preferably the college would have a recognised level (like level 2 , 3) etc..
money doesnt matter, i can be very flexible with the price range as im aware i would have to pay.

im not worried about uni, i probably wont go, however id keep my options open :smile:
Original post by misou
i have no particular study that i would choose, i just know i have to pick something. preferably the college would have a recognised level (like level 2 , 3) etc..
money doesnt matter, i can be very flexible with the price range as im aware i would have to pay.

im not worried about uni, i probably wont go, however id keep my options open :smile:

This doesn't help.

Let's work backwards. What job do you want as a job in the end?
There's no point in recommending you a bunch of qualifications if you don't end up using them or they are not relevant to you at all.
There's also no point in recommending qualificaitons that would lead you to work that you would hate or not want to do.

Do note, there are degrees that you can do long distance (although I wouldn't recommend doing them over doing the degrees that you can do in person).

If you're feeling a bit lost or clueless, then let's start with the basics:

what are your stronger subjects?

what do you enjoy doing?

What is your Myber Briggs personality type?

what subjects do you hate doing?

I am guessing subjects like literature, art, maths, science, IT would be up your alley. However, I could also be wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest