Scroll to see replies

Just to get you soon-to-be medics excited! :wink:

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/makingwaves/alex/#video-1

Spoiler

Original post by Swansea Medic
Just to get you soon-to-be medics excited! :wink:

http://www.swansea.ac.uk/makingwaves/alex/#video-1

Spoiler

Ohh, us on the waiting list are equal parts excited and petrified!
By the way I was watching something on ITV recently and saw this ad, I genuinely thought I was hallucinating or dreaming, as I recognised the guy from the prospectus and he’s a grad med too!
I genuinely thought I was going nuts...... 🙃
Original post by Mandarina7771
Ohh, us on the waiting list are equal parts excited and petrified!
By the way I was watching something on ITV recently and saw this ad, I genuinely thought I was hallucinating or dreaming, as I recognised the guy from the prospectus and he’s a grad med too!
I genuinely thought I was going nuts...... 🙃

Haha that is amazing! We're very proud of him!! :proud:

It perfectly represents the type of people that succeed here, champions with a fighting spirit. So if you really want it. whatever happens this year, never give up and you too will be a champion one day, fighting for the NHS! :cool:
Original post by Swansea Medic
Haha that is amazing! We're very proud of him!! :proud:

It perfectly represents the type of people that succeed here, champions with a fighting spirit. So if you really want it. whatever happens this year, never give up and you too will be a champion one day, fighting for the NHS! :cool:

... Is that guy actually you? ;P
Original post by Molly2018entry
... Is that guy actually you? ;P

:rolleyes:
Quick question about wait list and accepting another offer:

I have an offer at SGUL and I'm on the Swansea wait list. I really want Swansea. If I haven't heard from Swansea by the 7th June (deadline to accept offers) and accept SGUL, can I remain on the Swansea wait list?
Original post by Thibaud
Quick question about wait list and accepting another offer:

I have an offer at SGUL and I'm on the Swansea wait list. I really want Swansea. If I haven't heard from Swansea by the 7th June (deadline to accept offers) and accept SGUL, can I remain on the Swansea wait list?

I'm in exactly the same position as you, just sent them an email to ask, I'll let you know what they say
I've just had a reply from Swansea: "if you accept an offer elsewhere you will be removed from our list."

Let's hope we hear back by 7th June!
Original post by Thibaud
I've just had a reply from Swansea: "if you accept an offer elsewhere you will be removed from our list."

There's movement with Nottingham tonight.
Only rejections tho I think (including me), so I imagine it may still be a week or so before the waitlist starts moving!
Reply 770
Original post by Thibaud

Has anyone else on waitlist received an email like this?
Original post by cemesm
Has anyone else on waitlist received an email like this?

It wasn't a genetic email; I emailed them first asking the question. They also said they can't say how big the wait list is or where I am on it.

Hope that helps.
Original post by Thibaud
It wasn't a genetic email; I emailed them first asking the question. They also said they can't say how big the wait list is or where I am on it.

Hope that helps.

I was just considering e-mailing them regarding the waitlist and if there’s any info on positions but I guess there is no point..... hopefully once Notts send their offers, there will be some movement next week... I’ve created a thread for the waitlisters if you guys want to post updates
Reply 773
Anyone Swansea offer holders that are considering Notts?
Reply 774
Original post by Seez

Me! Really torn at the moment
Original post by Seez

I was wondering the same..... Really hope there will be lots of Swansea offer holders and waitlisters firming Notts, so we can have our chance :frown: I'm literally hanging by a thread here... :afraid:
Reply 776
Original post by Kjb91
Me! Really torn at the moment

Ahhhh I see. Just need 29 more replies and the waitlist is complete.

What are you torn between?
Original post by Seez

Are there 30 on the waiting list then???
Reply 778
Original post by Seez

I have offers for St George's, Swansea and notts. I've ruled out London but I can't decide between the other two. Loved Swansea but Nottingham is so much closer to home.
Reply 779
Original post by Wannabegem
Are there 30 on the waiting list then???

Honestly it’s just an estimate, I don’t really know. They have 70 places and last year 93 (I think) got offers. So the waitlist will be upwards of 20 at least

Original post by Kjb91
I have offers for St George's, Swansea and notts. I've ruled out London but I can't decide between the other two. Loved Swansea but Nottingham is so much closer to home.

Wow, you have definitely cracked the GEM. Congrats! I wanted Notts since I’m quite local too. My only offer is now 6 hours away and an undergrad course!

Latest

Trending

Trending