The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Mandarina7771
I was wondering the same..... Really hope there will be lots of Swansea offer holders and waitlisters firming Notts, so we can have our chance :frown: I'm literally hanging by a thread here... :afraid:

Yeah! Are you one of those still waiting for Notts too? Always been told Swansea waitlist is a good one soooooo hopefully
Reply 781
Original post by Seez
Honestly it’s just an estimate, I don’t really know. They have 70 places and last year 93 (I think) got offers. So the waitlist will be upwards of 20 at least

Wow, you have definitely cracked the GEM. Congrats! I wanted Notts since I’m quite local too. My only offer is now 6 hours away and an undergrad course!

Thanks! I'm a nurse already though so I'm really putting it down to that! Hopefully there's some movement on the Swansea wait list for you
Original post by Seez
Yeah! Are you one of those still waiting for Notts too? Always been told Swansea waitlist is a good one soooooo hopefully

No, at the minute I'm only Swansea waitlist... I'm trying not to hope too much because the disappointment is heartbreaking really, but a small part of me still hopes :angelblush:
Original post by dandrew92
Only rejections tho I think (including me), so I imagine it may still be a week or so before the waitlist starts moving!

I got an offer from Notts last night, so I reckon they've made a lot of offers and rejections with the rest probably going to come today (or maybe today they will waiting list people, if they do that). Now to decide between SGUL and Notts. Still holding out for Swansea though, believe it or not (I'm on the waiting list), so if they come back to me that'll free up 2 more places (if they don't, I'll eventually free up 1 in any event). Good luck, lovely people.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 784
Does the waitlist usually move consistently now Nottingham have released their offers or does the bulk of it move once the June deadline has passed?
Original post by cemesm
Does the waitlist usually move consistently now Nottingham have released their offers or does the bulk of it move once the June deadline has passed?

I bet there will be some movement next week since all Notts offers would have been sent out by then. But also there might be the occasional offer sent out around the June deadline as well......
this process is so long :frown:
Are you a waitlister for Swansea only?
Original post by Kjb91
I have offers for St George's, Swansea and notts. I've ruled out London but I can't decide between the other two. Loved Swansea but Nottingham is so much closer to home.

Nice one! I was in a similar position too, with a similar predicament :smile:
Reply 787
Original post by Swansea Medic
Nice one! I was in a similar position too, with a similar predicament :smile:

And you went Swansea... Maybe I will :smile:
Original post by Kjb91
I have offers for St George's, Swansea and notts. I've ruled out London but I can't decide between the other two. Loved Swansea but Nottingham is so much closer to home.

This was exactly me last year. I had offers from all 3 choices and was tempted to take Notts as it was only an hour from home. It was always my first choice but I was convinced by Swansea.

I'm a 1st year here now and I haven't regretted it for a single second. Brilliant course with brilliant people.
Reply 789
Original post by Themightylaa
This was exactly me last year. I had offers from all 3 choices and was tempted to take Notts as it was only an hour from home. It was always my first choice but I was convinced by Swansea.

I'm a 1st year here now and I haven't regretted it for a single second. Brilliant course with brilliant people.

That's exactly my predicament! I've worked 4 hours away from home for the last three years now so was hoping for Nottingham so I could be closer. Swansea has thrown everything in the air though because I loved it but don't know if I want to be 5 hours from home for the next 4 years.
Reply 790
Any movement? Anyone pulled out of waitlist? It’s been a while since somebody has posted!

I know one person that got an offer from the waitlist last week but that’s about it
Original post by Seez
Any movement? Anyone pulled out of waitlist? It’s been a while since somebody has posted!

I know one person that got an offer from the waitlist last week but that’s about it

I think there will be a quiet moment until June deadline. I assume people hold it to the last moment to decide..
Reply 792
Would any current students or @Swansea Medic be able to briefly run through what our average weekly timetable might look like? :smile: Would really appreciate it!
Original post by cemesm
Would any current students or @Swansea Medic be able to briefly run through what our average weekly timetable might look like? :smile: Would really appreciate it!

Are you off the waiting list tooo?
Reply 794
Original post by daiigou
Are you off the waiting list tooo?

Yeah got an offer on the 2nd :tongue: You?
Congrats!! I'm still waiting unfortunately :frown:
Original post by cemesm
Yeah got an offer on the 2nd :tongue: You?

Sorry, thread stalking, just wanted to say congrats! Seen you on a few threads 😊
Reply 797
Original post by eilidhchambe
Sorry, thread stalking, just wanted to say congrats! Seen you on a few threads 😊

Thanks! That’s that’s kind of you ☺️
Would it be an idea to start a swansea medicine waiting list thread so we have an idea of how many people are on it and when they have any news?
Original post by Wannabegem
Would it be an idea to start a swansea medicine waiting list thread so we have an idea of how many people are on it and when they have any news?

Guys check the Swansea Med School FB page.... 52 offers firmed xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending