The Student Room Group

WJEC AS ICT Exam Resit 5th June 2017

Hi,

I am currently studying for the WJEC IT1 exam resit on Monday 5th June 2017 and I'm wondering if the way I answer questions is correct.
For example if the question says describe a use, an advantage and a disadvantage for the HCI Graphical User Interface [3]
I would go about by answering this question in bullet points, not complete sentences.
So I was wondering if you can tell me if this is the correct way or not?

Also, does anyone know what exam resits are like? Do the examiners prepare a new exam or is it an amalgamation of previous exam question papers? Is there any website where I can access previous exam resit papers?

Thanks.
Original post by monobean
Hi,

I am currently studying for the WJEC IT1 exam resit on Monday 5th June 2017 and I'm wondering if the way I answer questions is correct.
For example if the question says describe a use, an advantage and a disadvantage for the HCI Graphical User Interface [3]
I would go about by answering this question in bullet points, not complete sentences.

Also, does anyone know what exam resits are like? Do the examiners prepare a new exam or is it an amalgamation of previous exam question papers? Is there any website where I can access previous exam resit papers?

Thanks.

You should use full sentences. The exam we are going to sit is the same one the current AS students will sit. This website has all of the past papers https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict/
Reply 2
IMG_0634.jpg
Original post by Mande1724
You should use full sentences. The exam we are going to sit is the same one the current AS students will sit. This website has all of the past papers https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict/

So I shouldn't answer questions like this? But I thought the only question we need to write full sentences is the one marked QWC?
IMG_0634.jpg

So I shouldn't answer questions like this? But I thought the only question we need to write full sentences is the one marked QWC?

Im not 100& sure but just to be safe I would use full sentences.
Reply 4
how did people find the paper?

I thought it was OK overall but these examiners are the most harshest and strictest so we'll have to see.
Original post by mayhs98
how did people find the paper?

I thought it was OK overall but these examiners are the most harshest and strictest so we'll have to see.

Yeh the question where worded differently compared to last year but overall the paper was OK. It was harder than last year tho so he grade boundries will probz be like 48 for an A. With 100% course that will be an A so it should be good.
Hi,

Thanks.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4759652&p=71893768#post71893768

How did it go?
Reply 7
The paper wasn't too bad tbh, but there were a few weird questions chucked in there. But overall I estimated around 60/80 so maybe an A :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by 786hasan123
Yeh the question where worded differently compared to last year but overall the paper was OK. It was harder than last year tho so he grade boundries will probz be like 48 for an A. With 100% course that will be an A so it should be good.

yeah DEFINITELY harder than last year I would say
The paper wasn't too bad tbh, but there were a few weird questions chucked in there. But overall I estimated around 60/80 so maybe an A :biggrin:

That's good! Not sure what the boundaries are for an A hope you get it!
Reply 10
Original post by Aaron2515
That's good! Not sure what the boundaries are for an A hope you get it!

Ayy thanks for the thread link! And thanks man, I think they should be quite low but it doesnt really matter cuz i got full marks in the coursework so i should be ok :smile:
How do you think you did?
Ayy thanks for the thread link! And thanks man, I think they should be quite low but it doesnt really matter cuz i got full marks in the coursework so i should be ok :smile:
How do you think you did?

You're welcome mate. That's good! Will definitely boost your grade up. Like I was saying before, I got a U in my exam with near 100% in my coursework and still got an overall C.

Yeah I think they will definitely be lower than previous years.
Overall not drastically bad, think better than last year. But could of done a lot better. Made some stupid mistakes tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending