The Student Room Group

teaching assistant to teacher

Hi i am a fairly new teaching assistant and i want to become a primary school teacher.
Any suggestions on how i could go about this?
Original post by anjali_25
Hi i am a fairly new teaching assistant and i want to become a primary school teacher.

Google?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=get+into+teaching&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-GB:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=5MI_WfiFIMyRgAbr1bXoDA
There's many different routes into teaching. If the school your working at likes you and you like it, you should ask your head teacher whether they offer school direct salaried as you could get your training paid for. If not, research:

School Direct (non-salaried)
School Direct (salaried)
PGCE (university based)
Teach First...

...to name a few. Also think about whether you want the option to work abroad or not as this will have an impact upon what training you do. If not, you just need to get Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and theres many ways to do that.

Hope this helps.
Reply 3
Original post by anjali_25

there are some that do just that, Teach in Qualified Training and Premier Pathways start you as a TA and train you to QTS, theyre both salaried too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending