The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i got an email yesterday saying i have an interview for mechanical engineering at imperial on the 21st Nov. so dont forget to check your emails as well as the post.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
I got an conditional offer yesterday. I'm applying for Chemistry with fine chemicals processing and a year in industry.
Reply 3
lelandlinda
I got an conditional offer yesterday. I'm applying for Chemistry with fine chemicals processing and a year in industry.

Did you have to go interview first or did they just send you an offer?
I had my physics interview on the 30th, havent heard anything back yet. They were the second ones to contact me regarding interviews and all that though.
Reply 5
eventhorizon
I had my physics interview on the 30th, havent heard anything back yet. They were the second ones to contact me regarding interviews and all that though.

I've got my interview next week, and I'm scared:frown: What was it like?
Reply 6
Hey, is there anything in ucas track that can ensure you they they actually did receive your application? :confused:

On mine is just written "your application has been sent for consideration". :cool:

Am I that bad that they just threw my application straight into the trash and forgot to tell me so??? :smile:
Reply 7
pirincan
Hey, is there anything in ucas track that can ensure you they they actually did receive your application? :confused:

On mine is just written "your application has been sent for consideration". :cool:

Am I that bad that they just threw my application straight into the trash and forgot to tell me so??? :smile:

You can be sure the universities have recieved it with that message :wink:
Reply 8
I haven't even got an acknowledgment from Imperial (or UCL) yet - I applied for C100 Biology for both. They're my 2nd and 3rd choices respectively so I'm really hoping I get an offer!
Reply 9
eventhorizon

How was your interview? What did they ask? How's the college?

I've postponed my interview to match the date of my Cambridge interview (hopefully; haven't received letter yet). I was initially invited for the 29th oct to imperial
Reply 10
Hey! I haven't recieved anything from them yet ... which doesn't really worry me but still is kind of nerve-wracking *gg*
I applied for MechEng and hope they're not going to send me an interview invitation. I just want to get the offer, there's no need for an interview :biggrin: (I'm from Austria, so if I were to get an offer, there's a realistic chance of not having to do an interview *gg*)
Reply 11
huhu
Hey! I haven't recieved anything from them yet ... which doesn't really worry me but still is kind of nerve-wracking *gg*
I applied for MechEng and hope they're not going to send me an interview invitation. I just want to get the offer, there's no need for an interview :biggrin: (I'm from Austria, so if I were to get an offer, there's a realistic chance of not having to do an interview *gg*)

Don't rely on that assumption. I am from Austria as well and have been invited for an interview (see upper posting). Applying for theoretical physics though.

Huhu, also considering ETH Zurich or TU Munich as alternatives?
Reply 12
Don't rely on that assumption. I am from Austria as well and have been invited for an interview (see upper posting). Applying for theoretical physics though.

Thanks for messing up my hopes *gg* ... na, of course I am always pleased to hear of other Austrians applying to UK uni's. There's not a lot of us, as you might know (at least I have the impression...)
Anyway, the ICL departments follow quite different policies on interviewing applicants. The MechEng department apparently interviews candidates from Wales, England and Scottland only whereas the IT department, as an example, states that they interview all EU applicants. That's according to their websites, though, and might not be matching with what they do in practice.

Living in Vorarlberg, I naturally am considering the Swiss Federal Institute. However, I already have a conditional offer from Bath and ETH really is my last option if I would somehow fail to meet that offer. And, of course, if I had recieved an offer from Cambridge/Imperial I would certainly try to get there... I am applying to UK uni's because I want to live there. The excellent facilities are just an additional asset ;-)

Are you applying post A-Level? (Gymnasium oder BHS?)

Viele Grüße
Reply 13
huhu
Living in Vorarlberg, I naturally am considering the Swiss Federal Institute. However, I already have a conditional offer from Bath and ETH really is my last option if I would somehow fail to meet that offer. And, of course, if I had recieved an offer from Cambridge/Imperial I would certainly try to get there... I am applying to UK uni's because I want to live there. The excellent facilities are just an additional asset ;-)

Are you applying post A-Level? (Gymnasium oder BHS?)

Viele Grüße

Applying for undergraduate studies at Cambridge (mathematics), Imperial College (theoretical physics) and LSE (mathematics and economics). If I get rejected by all I will most certainly go to the ETH which is nevertheless one of the best universities of the world. I want to live in the UK as well, but the quality of the university is more important to me.
I had my Matura examinations last July (AHS - Bundesgymnasium in Upper Austria) and currently I play soldier (Lage 57). What about you?

If we both end up at the same university, it would be convenient to stay in touch :wink:
Reply 14
Applied for computer science. I recently got a letter from them asking me to answer some simple math questions and to send it back before they'd give me an offer. Gonna mail it off soon.
Excalibur
I haven't even got an acknowledgment from Imperial (or UCL) yet - I applied for C100 Biology for both. They're my 2nd and 3rd choices respectively so I'm really hoping I get an offer!

I still haven't had an acknowledgment from Imperial... I think they're just really slow :rolleyes: At least, I HOPE they're just really slow!
eventhorizon

I had an interview on that date. I got offered a place last thursday, you heard back yet?
funkydunky37
I had an interview on that date. I got offered a place last thursday, you heard back yet?

Yeah heard back on the 7th (no idea what day) - AAA, how about you?
Same, who interviewed you?
funkydunky37
Same, who interviewed you?

Erm, I can't remember for the life of me. She was a woman... who interviewed you?

Latest

Trending

Trending