The Student Room Group

Accepting you are ugly/lifetime of bullying and prejudice

I wish I had better genes but w/e I can't change it. As a person I have been bullied and been made fun of my whole life and I am tired of it. I have ptosis in one eye and generally not good looking enough to be accepted am a geek etc. Sometimes girls like me and I am not hideous however I seem to get made fun of a lot even if it is low level. Generally it is pervasive as in it exists everywhere and also has happened since the age of about 12 right till now at 27. Seriously fed up of it sometimes it makes me feel really low and I am sick of ignoring it. It massively reduces my enjoyment of life as I am always anticipating it or conscious of it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I wish I had better genes but w/e I can't change it. As a person I have been bullied and been made fun of my whole life and I am tired of it. I have ptosis in one eye and generally not good looking enough to be accepted am a geek etc. Sometimes girls like me and I am not hideous however I seem to get made fun of a lot even if it is low level. Generally it is pervasive as in it exists everywhere and also has happened since the age of about 12 right till now at 27. Seriously fed up of it sometimes it makes me feel really low and I am sick of ignoring it. It massively reduces my enjoyment of life as I am always anticipating it or conscious of it.

Have you ever seen anyone about this? They can't change how you look (other than the obvious things), but can help with how you feel about it. Show this post to your GP and see if they can refer you for CBT or similar- that's a type of therapy which can really make a difference with this sort of thing. Hopefully you can get to a point where you might think hey, there's other people that might look a bit better than me in the world, but I'm not alone and there's all these good things about me too. Once you've got to that point hopefully you won't notice or have it affect you so much. Sorry to hear you've been bullied so much about your looks, it really does take its toll. There is help out there though, even just the Samaritans if you just need someone to talk to or offload about it all. Hope things improve for you soon :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest