The Student Room Group

Qatar-Thatcher Scholars

Any Qatar-Thatcher scholars on The Student Room? Need to ask a few questions...:smile:
This will be a tiny number of people, and the number studying medicine may well be 0. I think the chances of someone responding are tiny.

Contact Somerville.
Reply 2
Original post by nexttime
This will be a tiny number of people, and the number studying medicine may well be 0. I think the chances of someone responding are tiny.

Contact Somerville.

How do I contact Somerville?
And why do you say the number of scholars pursuing medicine may well be 0???
Original post by SwapB
How do I contact Somerville?
And why do you say the number of scholars pursuing medicine may well be 0???

"This will create at least four [Qatar-Thatcher] scholarships at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, the first of which is expected to be awarded in 2017/18 to a postgraduate student...

...In the early years as we build up the number of Thatcher Scholars, Somerville will operate a rota of departments/faculties for the awards. In 2017/18, three scholarships will be available for students starting postgraduate study, one in the Faculty of English Language and Literature, the Department of Engineering Science and the Faculty of Law"

This reads as if there might not currently be any Qatar-Thatcher Scholars (no scholarships yet awarded) and that there won't be any studying medicine in 2017/18 either.

You can contact Somerville by looking here.
Reply 4
Original post by MonteCristo
"This will create at least four [Qatar-Thatcher] scholarships at both undergraduate and postgraduate level, the first of which is expected to be awarded in 2017/18 to a postgraduate student...

...In the early years as we build up the number of Thatcher Scholars, Somerville will operate a rota of departments/faculties for the awards. In 2017/18, three scholarships will be available for students starting postgraduate study, one in the Faculty of English Language and Literature, the Department of Engineering Science and the Faculty of Law"

This reads as if there might not currently be any Qatar-Thatcher Scholars (no scholarships yet awarded) and that there won't be any studying medicine in 2017/18 either.

You can contact Somerville by looking here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending