The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Religious Studies Paper 1 (H573/01) 12th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

How Did you guys find the exam today?
Which ones did you do?

1. Asses the Verification Principle
2. Assess the view of William James on Religious Experience
3. Descartes views are coherent to the problem of soul/mind and body
4. Natural evil has to purpose

(Please mind this is NOT the exact wording of the questions)
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
i did 2 3 and 4 because ive never got how to argue verification/falsification properly, and i always forget which parable goes with who so i didnt risk it. 2 and 3 were really good, and 4 was alright, i just couldnt think of anyones names for the arguements so kinda winged it. how did you find it?
Reply 2
1,3 and 4

I've been completely avoiding religious experience throughout A-level so I didn't risk answering that one. The first one was pretty good but not too many scholars (only Hick and Ayer). Q3 was very evaluation-heavy and I only got to mention Descartes' ideas, arguments and objections as opposed to any other scholars (welp). Q4 was good as well but I only mentioned Augustine, Irenaeus and Hick + evaluation. Basically, I should've mentioned more names!

Hopefully this is good enough for a B
Reply 3
Yh I did the same, I wasn’t too sure on how to answer the William James one in terms of his views. But I had a lot to write about on the against points.

Overall it went well but I guess I was lacking scholar, instead I put a lot of examples throughout the essays. I don’t know if it will make up for the scholars tho.
Reply 4
Original post by frailmagic
1,3 and 4

I've been completely avoiding religious experience throughout A-level so I didn't risk answering that one. The first one was pretty good but not too many scholars (only Hick and Ayer). Q3 was very evaluation-heavy and I only got to mention Descartes' ideas, arguments and objections as opposed to any other scholars (welp). Q4 was good as well but I only mentioned Augustine, Irenaeus and Hick + evaluation. Basically, I should've mentioned more names!

Hopefully this is good enough for a B

Yh honestly same here. Just hoping for the best.
I feel like the exam stress made me forget a lot of the scholars I had learnt 😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest