The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rooster11366
That is all well and good but there is a problem.

She was not sacked told to sort clothing out and go back.

Sounds more like a reminder ref uniform standards.

As far as she's concerned it's constructive dismissal. Same thing, and the first stop on the claim train.
No but there are standards set in your contract of employment. Which by the way we all sign to agree with.

Thank you Captain Obvious.
Original post by Meany Pie
Thank you Captain Obvious.

Any time
Smuggling peanuts? Somebody explain
Original post by UnknownRoyalist
Smuggling peanuts? Somebody explain

Smuggling Peanuts/Raisins - A description of an incident where the shape a persons nipples is clearly defined through their clothing.
Original post by Trinculo
As far as she's concerned it's constructive dismissal. Same thing, and the first stop on the claim train.

If this is first warning for not following standards. No court will again with that as every employer has a right to set standards.

The signed contract of employment will confirm she was aware of uniform standards.

They never said come back In correct uniform. So no intent to remove job from you by them.
If she does not sort uniform out then she has resigned from job.
Smuggling Peanuts/Raisins - A description of an incident where the shape a persons nipples is clearly defined through their clothing.

Ah, thanks
If this is first warning for not following standards. No court will again with that as every employer has a right to set standards.

The signed contract of employment will confirm she was aware of uniform standards.

They never said come back In correct uniform. So no intent to remove job from you by them.
If she does not sort uniform out then she has resigned from job.

They don't need to for a constructive dismissal. All they have to do is make it impossible for her to reasonably return - and if she can show that her "shaming" in front of colleagues did that - then it's a constructive dismissal.

As for uniform standards - I cannot imagine that they included specifying underwear. I would be surprised if her contract included uniform at all.
I want to see one restaurant that actually write it as a dress-code to wear bra and panties.

One time I came to work (as a waitress) wearing a swimsuit top, because apparently all my comfy sports bras were in a laundry. A coworker came and rubbed my shoulder (like giving a massage), he asked me in a surprised tone "are you wearing no bra?" .

I don't see any reason she wouldn't wear a bra to work, maybe a sports bra, it is not comfortable to do physical activities wearing a t-shirt without a bra. Other than that it is very comfortable not wearing a bra, I think many small chested girls would agree, just physical activity with t-shirts is annoying.

I think she is over reacting for a reasonable thing to ask, however, again, if it is not written in a dress code or being asked to wear a bra in a non-sexual harassing way, she is right. Many male bosses don't know how to make such comments in a appropriate way. Sorry, but it is true, they can't even ask a girl to wear shoes that meet the dress code without making it sound sexual....
@Twinpeaks I'm back here because you quoted me, yet the post in question no longer exists, what was it that you decided not to say?
Original post by Trinculo
They don't need to for a constructive dismissal. All they have to do is make it impossible for her to reasonably return - and if she can show that her "shaming" in front of colleagues did that - then it's a constructive dismissal.

As for uniform standards - I cannot imagine that they included specifying underwear. I would be surprised if her contract included uniform at all.

I would suspect the uniform part would be yes. As every public facing job I had has. Just covers things like smart and the clean at minimum.

I cannot see anything in 'the report saying done in front of anyone.
I would suspect the uniform part would be yes. As every public facing job I had has. Just covers things like smart and the clean at minimum.

I cannot see anything in 'the report saying done in front of anyone.

It's right at the top :confused:

The managers brother was perving on her, instead of backing up her staff member the manager told her she should be wearing a bra.

"Yesterday an inappropriate sexual remark was made to me, by my managers brother, and in the presence of her.
"I felt uncomfortable, objectified and shocked that this had happened.
"Unfortunately she saw fit to deal with the situation by telling me that I'm not allowed into work in future unless I'm wearing a bra.
"This was said to me in front of three other staff members and customers."
"She called me stupid, silly and over the top when I told her I was upset."
Original post by Kathy89
I want to see one restaurant that actually write it as a dress-code to wear bra and panties.

One time I came to work (as a waitress) wearing a swimsuit top, because apparently all my comfy sports bras were in a laundry. A coworker came and rubbed my shoulder (like giving a massage), he asked me in a surprised tone "are you wearing no bra?" .

I don't see any reason she wouldn't wear a bra to work, maybe a sports bra, it is not comfortable to do physical activities wearing a t-shirt without a bra. Other than that it is very comfortable not wearing a bra, I think many small chested girls would agree, just physical activity with t-shirts is annoying.

I think she is over reacting for a reasonable thing to ask, however, again, if it is not written in a dress code or being asked to wear a bra in a non-sexual harassing way, she is right. Many male bosses don't know how to make such comments in a appropriate way. Sorry, but it is true, they can't even ask a girl to wear shoes that meet the dress code without making it sound sexual....

After reading the report again I can't but see something.

I am not sure if there is something more between two people. First day I get if heat is to bad. But second day does not appear as if she has looked at other ways.

As must reasonable people would. As there are a lot of other things to help with problem.

But at the same time you have to think about customers. Even when not looking straight at some one. You can tell some one is not wearing a bra.
Original post by PQ
It's right at the top :confused:

The managers brother was perving on her, instead of backing up her staff member the manager told her she should be wearing a bra.

"Yesterday an inappropriate sexual remark was made to me, by my managers brother, and in the presence of her.
"I felt uncomfortable, objectified and shocked that this had happened.
"Unfortunately she saw fit to deal with the situation by telling me that I'm not allowed into work in future unless I'm wearing a bra.
"This was said to me in front of three other staff members and customers."
"She called me stupid, silly and over the top when I told her I was upset."

You missed out:

"I felt this was my chance to get out of this job and hopefully get some money out of them"
"I felt so uncomfortable and objectified in front of three other staff members and customers that I had no option except to post it all over the internet, because y'know Employment Tribunal isn't the place for this"
The Wimbledon ladies are smuggling peanuts (hehe), should they be disqualified?
The Wimbledon ladies are smuggling peanuts (hehe), should they be disqualified?

Pics or it didn't happen
Pics or it didn't happen

BBC 1 - sit back and enjoy (the tennis of course)
BBC 1 - sit back and enjoy (the tennis of course)

I haven't paid my licence :emo:
I haven't paid my licence :emo:

Why not? What do you use to watch live TV or just in general

I doubt they'll catch you if you use it for a while (disclaimer: I haven't done this) unless you just want to be a good law abiding citizen.
Why not? What do you use to watch live TV or just in general

I doubt they'll catch you if you use it for a while (disclaimer: I haven't done this) unless you just want to be a good law abiding citizen.

I don't even have a TV, I stream everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending