The Student Room Group

Controlled Assessment - Fail

Today I've done my ICT controlled assessment, I did really bad because our teacher barely teached us anything (Ok, it's a bit my fault because I didn't revise a lot), I've got a python program from google and I did one myself, i told my teacher that I "cheated" and now I'm not sure if i would've got disqualified from that paper, subject or all gcses, if i admitted that i was cheating would i still be punished harsh?
Reply 1
Yes i know, it was stupid... :/
Original post by martimrgp
Today I've done my ICT controlled assessment, I did really bad because our teacher barely teached us anything (Ok, it's a bit my fault because I didn't revise a lot), I've got a python program from google and I did one myself, i told my teacher that I "cheated" and now I'm not sure if i would've got disqualified from that paper, subject or all gcses, if i admitted that i was cheating would i still be punished harsh?

Well, firstly I want to congratulate you on being truthful about it; but at the same time what were you even thinking cheating in the first place? They would of caught you out anyways, because AFAIK they do check for plagiarism even at GCSE level.

Well, that'd entirely be up to the exam board to decide what happens to your future next. I can't predict what they'll do.
Reply 3
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Well, firstly I want to congratulate you on being truthful about it; but at the same time what were you even thinking cheating in the first place? They would of caught you out anyways, because AFAIK they do check for plagiarism even at GCSE level.

Well, that'd entirely be up to the exam board to decide what happens to your future next. I can't predict what they'll do.

Personally I wasn't thinking 100% what i was doing, but i understood it was wrong and decided to tell the truth, this was my first cheat ever, i did it because i kind of panicked, I didn't have any knowledge on python so that lead to me panicking... :/
Personally I wasn't thinking 100% what i was doing, but i understood it was wrong and decided to tell the truth, this was my first cheat ever, i did it because i kind of panicked, I didn't have any knowledge on python so that lead to me panicking... :/

Although I 100% disagree with cheating, I do have some sympathy for you. But in the eyes of exam board: cheating is cheating.

Was there something in particular stopping you from revising?
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Although I 100% disagree with cheating, I do have some sympathy for you. But in the eyes of exam board: cheating is cheating.

Was there something in particular stopping you from revising?

I had no clue on Python, even with code academy I didn't understand a thing, i found it too confusing. Probably lack of effort tho :/
Fingers crossed here
I had no clue on Python, even with code academy I didn't understand a thing, i found it too confusing. Probably lack of effort tho :/
Fingers crossed here

Well tbh if you can't do it, then you shouldn't deserve to get the qualification in it.

Quick Reply

Latest