The Student Room Group

kcl core module failed?

hi there,
i deferred a 35% online 24 hour exam due to illness, which i had today. unfortunely i submit late due to illness again, which means i got a mark of 0 (i am disabled). have i failed my whole course? as i am unsure how i can move onto third year if i dont have enough credits. im very stressed so any help is appreciated
Original post by marimari1111
hi there,
i deferred a 35% online 24 hour exam due to illness, which i had today. unfortunely i submit late due to illness again, which means i got a mark of 0 (i am disabled). have i failed my whole course? as i am unsure how i can move onto third year if i dont have enough credits. im very stressed so any help is appreciated

See the Kings's College London Academic Regulations 2022/23 here. Relevant clauses would seem to be:

"4.31. For remote examinations, students must take and submit the examination within the permitted timeframe. Examinations not submitted within the permitted timeframe will receive a mark of zero. In such instances a student may, at the discretion of the relevant Assessment Sub-Board, be permitted to attempt the examination again if the regulations for the programme permit such reassessment."

"4.49. Reassessment is at the discretion of the Assessment Sub-Board. Students will normally be offered one reassessment opportunity if they:
a. fail to obtain a qualifying mark in a module or module component; or
b. fail any module with a mark outside of the condonable range; or
c. fail to achieve a pass mark in a core module"

"4.55. Students will be offered one reassessment opportunity in failed core modules."

Given that you initially deferred due to illness, you were no assessed at that time. Today was therefore your first and only assessment. All the clauses above say that you will have one reassessment opportunity. Today was not that.

You should speak to staff in your faculty or department to understand the specific rules about retaking the assessment. Contact details for each faculty and department are here, in case you're not sure who to talk to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending