The Student Room Group

Is it worth doing some A Level revision over the summer holidays for Y12?

I'm doing Maths Economics Physics
Would it be worth doing some Maths perhaps over the holidays
Perhaps C1 because it's the closest thing to GCSE level there is
Reply 1
Probably not because you will be taught it all with everyone else, so it isn't necessary. If there is anything from GCSE maths that you found particularly difficult then maybe go over that, but my advice would be to enjoy your summer and come back in September with a fresh mind :smile:
Original post by AsianG99
I'm doing Maths Economics Physics
Would it be worth doing some Maths perhaps over the holidays
Perhaps C1 because it's the closest thing to GCSE level there is

If you have a lot of free time then yes, definitely. In my opinion, you could probably go over briefly the whole of c1 within a week or less. If there's anything I learnt with my a levels, it's that you always need to be two steps ahead. That being said, try not to over do it and remember to relax and enjoy your break.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi guys. I think it would be appropriate to continue discussions about this over here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4815738 because there's a handful of Year 11s over there (including myself). :wink:
Reply 4
Yes.
Just yes.
Start revising now.
There isnt enough time.
Quickly, start. Now. Go. Revise.
Go.
Just start.
Now.
Reply 5
NO! Just enjoy your summer. Trust me, once A levels start you wont have much free time so make the most of it.
Reply 6
Original post by cooldad
NO! Just enjoy your summer. Trust me, once A levels start you wont have much free time so make the most of it.

Original post by Shebab
Yes.
Just yes.
Start revising now.
There isnt enough time.
Quickly, start. Now. Go. Revise.
Go.
Just start.
Now.

First of all Thanks for replying :smile:
I get that it may seem important to enjoy my summer holidays and i currently am
I don't really have much planned over summer holidays so i kinda do have a ton of free time
Reply 7
Not really because you may struggle to understand fully what your learning and wont be able to apply it to questions ( some people might though idk)

Best advice is too jus relax when you start A levels just revise everyday for 1-2 hours and if you do that you'll do great I'm sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if you feel you're capable of doing and won't bore yourself before the course even starts, go ahead. Be warned though, Moments in Physics will kill you :')
Reply 9
Perhaps instead of school work, get some work experience or voluntary work- that will really be beneficial

Quick Reply

Latest