The Student Room Group

entry requirement help

im looking at unis and i am baffled in what they are asking for....
"Please read this section in conjunction with our How to apply and Entry requirements pages - six GCSEs at grade A or above, including either maths, biology and chemistry, or maths, additional science and science. English language is required at a minimum of grade B."

i have an A/A* in core and additional science and an A in english language and got 6 A grades at gcse but a B in maths would that restrict me applying here?

thanks
What Uni is that? Is it for Medicine?
Reply 2
Original post by Nathan Scott
What Uni is that? Is it for Medicine?

yes it is for medicine and its for Southampton uni
Reply 3
Original post by chris2791
"Please read this section in conjunction with our How to apply and Entry requirements pages - six GCSEs at grade A or above, including either maths, biology and chemistry, or maths, additional science and science. English language is required at a minimum of grade B."

i have an A/A* in core and additional science and an A in english language and got 6 A grades at gcse but a B in maths would that restrict me applying here?

thanks

you need maths at grade a
yes it is for medicine and its for Southampton uni

I'd suggest emailing them and making an enquiry since it's not fully clear.
Haha I like your Jack Nayler profile picture from Holby
Reply 6

thanks

If it's for Medicine, then they might be strict about it. You can contact and ask them if this will be a major issue and if it will prevent your application from going forward.
Reply 7
Original post by cc85734
Haha I like your Jack Nayler profile picture from Holby

Thanks she is my motivator to do well and go into cardiothoracics!
Original post by Nathan Scott
it's not fully clear

It couldn't be clearer. Maths is required at grade A along with a choice of two other science subjects and three other subjects at the same grade, plus English Language at grade B, making seven in all.
Original post by Good bloke
It couldn't be clearer. Maths is required at grade A along with a choice of two other science subjects and three other subjects at the same grade, plus English Language at grade B, making seven in all.

oh yeah just read it again lol
Reply 10
:ottid:

Original post by Good bloke

You need 6 A grades: maths, biology, chemistry and then 3 others or maths, additional science, science and 3 others.
English language is then required as a B (or higher)
(edited 6 years ago)
You need an a in maths gcse. If you don't have an A then don't bother applying cause they'll just reflect you regardless as these are the minimum requirements

Quick Reply

Latest