The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Entry 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1100
Original post by hi2018
which email did you send to ?

[email protected]
Hi guys I have offers from both Edinburgh and Aberdeen and I can’t make up my mind yet .Can you help please
Original post by Wagwag
Hi guys I have offers from both Edinburgh and Aberdeen and I can’t make up my mind yet .Can you help please

Nope.

That decision is up to you, pal.
Original post by Wagwag

Maybe make a list of pros/cons for both? Have a look through the medical school pages on each uni website, and society pages etc.
Also look at things like accommodation etc 🙂
Anyone who got a rejection know when the feedback comes? I emailed them like 2 weeks ago and they just said "soon" :frown:
Original post by mortalius
Anyone who got a rejection know when the feedback comes? I emailed them like 2 weeks ago and they just said "soon" :frown:

When I emailed them they said around 8 weeks :K:
Original post by yara560
When I emailed them they said around 8 weeks :K:
aww dont even that's rough. They must know why they rejected us why can't they just tell us.. unless they just drew names out of a hat and now spend the next 8 weeks coming up with a viable reason for rejection yay aberdeen thank youuuu
Original post by Wagwag

In my opinion Edinburgh by far.

Edinburgh is a first class city, lots of sporting/cultural experiences, highly regarded uni and higher up the uni rankings overall and for medicine.

It's location is more convenient to travel from literally anywhere. Aberdeen is a pain location wise, so it'll cost more money and time getting to and from other places.
Original post by Wagwag

One thing to consider with Edinburgh is that it is getting really expensive for students to live here. I've lived here for the past 4 years, and my rent has increased by about £100 per month since first year, and that's sharing a flat. It's becoming more well known now and I think people are trying to do stuff about it, but it's getting a bit ridiculous how much it costs to live in this city.

Other than that, the sports facilities here are amazing, and I'll be very sad to leave them. Definitely not a cheap city to live in though!
Original post by mortalius

Hi. I got an email and it said 6-8 weeks was their aim. They were very nice about it and answered a few of my questions. I emailed 4 the April
I was initially rejected but got an email a few days ago saying they have changed their decision and have been offered an unconditional. Over the moon!
Reply 1111
Original post by Blauwebear1
I was initially rejected but got an email a few days ago saying they have changed their decision and have been offered an unconditional. Over the moon!

That’s fantastic!

Were you holding other offers?

I’m guessing you hadn’t firmed anything already?

Must have been a great feeling to get that email!
I got rejected initially also and have just received an unconditional offer! Hope is out there! :smile:))
Original post by rosiem23
I got rejected initially also and have just received an unconditional offer! Hope is out there! :smile:))

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Are you a scot/ruk/eu/international ?
Original post by cacademic
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Are you a scot/ruk/eu/international ?

Thank you!!! I am a RUK applicant on a gap year after my a levels and failing to get into medicine last year. I can't wait to start 😇😇!
Original post by nfhc
That’s fantastic!

Were you holding other offers?

I’m guessing you hadn’t firmed anything already?

Must have been a great feeling to get that email!

Thank you! I wasn't holding any other offers so was pretty surprised!
Hi, just wondering if anyone who got an offer from another university and was put on the waiting list for Aberdeen has got an offer ? Someone said to me that you are taken off the waiting list if you hold any other offer. 🤔
Reply 1117
I am just guessing but I would think that, once you have firmed any offer they would be unable to make you any further offers?

I would have thought they would be at liberty to make you an offer from the waiting list if you had not formally accepted any other offers?

But I am guessing here.
Out of Blue ... unconditional offer for 2018 tonight after initial rejection :biggrin:. Sooooo incredibly grateful as no other medicine offers. So don't give up fellow waiting list peeps. Don't stop keeping admin informed of your continued interest to attend Aberdeen... worked for me <3

Scottish gap year student
Original post by Hopeful4medicine
Out of Blue ... unconditional offer for 2018 tonight after initial rejection :biggrin:. Sooooo incredibly grateful as no other medicine offers. So don't give up fellow waiting list peeps. Don't stop keeping admin informed of your continued interest to attend Aberdeen... worked for me <3

Scottish gap year student

Do you have any other offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending