The Student Room Group

GCSE- Which exams stood out to you?

Although it has been months, some of my exams from this years GCSE's have most definitely stuck.

I sat some exams on AQA (Maths, English, Science, History, Food tech)
I also sat some exams on Edexcel (French and geography)

The ones that stuck out for me were Science and the AQA history cold war exam-
This wasn't, sadly, in a good way.

On the bright side, my Edexcel Geography exams seemed to go well, despite the fact that barely anybody posts about Edexcel geography.
Side note- I sat higher for everything except AQA Maths.
Which ones stuck out for you?
Reply 1
Physics unit 3 AQA GCSE was a NIGHTMARE for me. I hope it's 36 for an A* like last year.
Reply 2
Original post by Quizlet
Physics unit 3 AQA GCSE was a NIGHTMARE for me. I hope it's 36 for an A* like last year.

I never took further additional science, however my friends all did and I remember them coming out of that exam and saying it was difficult so you're not alone. If it was a hard exam the boundaries will be low I'm sure. Well done for getting through it :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by womerz
I never took further additional science, however my friends all did and I remember them coming out of that exam and saying it was difficult so you're not alone. If it was a hard exam the boundaries will be low I'm sure. Well done for getting through it :smile:

I consistently was getting 100 UMS (55/60+ raw marks) in further additional Phys, but I think I got 30 marks out of 60. That's how low I think I did. I worked so hard and I just wanted to cry, it was horrific. All we can do is hope.
Reply 4
Original post by Quizlet
I consistently was getting 100 UMS (55/60+ raw marks) in further additional Phys, but I think I got 30 marks out of 60. That's how low I think I did. I worked so hard and I just wanted to cry, it was horrific. All we can do is hope.

Absolutely, its so hard not to fret and worry though especially with a standard that is very high.
The French Listening and Reading exams by AQA were a nightmare for me and being honest all the exams were demoralising for me.
Reply 6
Original post by OrangeArcher
The French Listening and Reading exams by AQA were a nightmare for me and being honest all the exams were demoralising for me.

I think French exams are very harshly marked because of the tight grade boundaries so I know what you mean about those :smile:
Original post by womerz
I think French exams are very harshly marked because of the tight grade boundaries so I know what you mean about those :smile:

I've been hoping to get a B due to how bad my CAs went and then I went into do the exams and they knocked my confidence for all my other exams and at this point if I come out with a C or worse I just don't care anymore as I worked hard for French and if my best wasn't enough then I want to see people's results who didn't try :frown: .
Reply 8
I've been hoping to get a B due to how bad my CAs went and then I went into do the exams and they knocked my confidence for all my other exams and at this point if I come out with a C or worse I just don't care anymore as I worked hard for French and if my best wasn't enough then I want to see people's results who didn't try :frown: .

As my teacher said "no amount of worrying will change your grade". I bet you will surprise yourself on RD. I know what you mean about your best not being enough but then what can anyone expect more of you? Do keep me posted in regards to your French result though! would love to hear how you got on :smile:
Horrible:
AQA Spanish Listening
OCR 21st C 1 P123, P456, P7, C7, B456 and B7 (practically all the science exams)

Good:
Edexcel Maths Paper 1 - paper 2/3 was pretty good too
Eduqas English literature - except unseen and anthology, rest was nice
Reply 10
Original post by danielwinstanley
Horrible:
AQA Spanish Listening
OCR 21st C 1 P123, P456, P7, C7, B456 and B7 (practically all the science exams)

Good:
Edexcel Maths Paper 1 - paper 2/3 was pretty good too
Eduqas English literature - except unseen and anthology, rest was nice

My science was a flop too! Our school doesn't offer Spanish because no teachers so I had to do French :frown: I'm glad that the majority were okay for you! Good luck on RD :smile:
Original post by womerz
My science was a flop too! Our school doesn't offer Spanish because no teachers so I had to do French :frown: I'm glad that the majority were okay for you! Good luck on RD :smile:

You too!

There was so much data analysis in the science exam - like ugh just ask us a science 6 mark question rather than data nonsense.
Reply 12
Original post by danielwinstanley
You too!

There was so much data analysis in the science exam - like ugh just ask us a science 6 mark question rather than data nonsense.

Agreed! it's science not maths lol!
Original post by womerz
As my teacher said "no amount of worrying will change your grade". I bet you will surprise yourself on RD. I know what you mean about your best not being enough but then what can anyone expect more of you? Do keep me posted in regards to your French result though! would love to hear how you got on :smile:

I got a C in French but overall I got 4A*s, 6As, 1B and 1C

All that worrying was for nothing eh? :wink: Very well done (I'm another proud member of the C in friggin French club :smug: )

Very well done!!
Reply 16
Original post by womerz

I ended up with 2a's and 6b's yay

Quick Reply

Latest