The Student Room Group

Does listening to pop mean you have no taste in music?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 12ksmith
Tbf they're speaking the truth

why do you think that ?
Original post by bubblegumcat
why do you think that ?

It's my personal opinion, I like indie rock.
Original post by 12ksmith
It's my personal opinion, I like indie rock.

biased :wink:
Reply 23
Nah. Plenty of good pop songs. Frankly I am confused by anyone who makes sweeping generalizations about genre. It's not a particularly important aspect of music to me. A good song is a good song.
No

Listen/watch what you like & ignore opinions of the retarded

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat
biased :wink:

Yep :smile:
But what is pop?

I like Ingrid Michaelson and Jess Glynne and consider them to be pop, but I've heard people say they're indie and singer/songwriters.
No,it does not .Hate when people say dumb things like this.
As with every genre, you going to get some absolute **** and some pretty decent stuff. If you go back to say, the 1960s and 70s, there was some pretty decent pop music. (can't comment on now - my knowledge of music goes up to somewhere around 2004-ish)
No, pop music is great.
Reply 30
I think the pop today is cheap and boring, but pop was amazing in the 70-80's.
Legends like Michael Jackson(King of Pop), Madonna, Phil Collins, Prince etc are a few legends who actually made great Pop music.
Original post by Anine
I think the pop today is cheap and boring, but pop was amazing in the 70-80's.
Legends like Michael Jackson(King of Pop), Madonna, Phil Collins, Prince etc are a few legends who actually made great Pop music.

Thats called a selection bias.

To me pop is less a definition of particular music styles and more about the way music is made, produced and marketed. It is for the most part no more than a cynical attempt by executives to line thie own pockets rather than any attempt to make anything of artistic merit.
nope, there's no such thing as a "right" good taste.
Everyone's entitled to whatever :smile:
No. You like what you like and I hate when people criticize others for their preferences. It's a very childish way of thinking
Reply 35
Original post by Emily_.
Nope, definitely not! People who say that liking pop is having a bad taste in music generally want to be different or something better than "generic". I used to be of the opinion that pop music is bad music, but that was during my awkward 13 year old 'alternative' phase. These days I jam to kpop on a daily basis 😂

I love Kpop too, loads of people may hate kpop but I love it and nothing can change that. Everbody has different tastes and everbody loves something that some people may not love. (in music)

Reply 36
It means you have a taste for pop music..?
absolutely that 's it...
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by bobby147
No,it does not .Hate when people say dumb things like this.

I think more dull is who is not at least suspicious about pop.

Quick Reply

Latest