The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Here's my situation. (King's, QMUL, uni of Liverpool)

I was offered a place at King's college London for Film studies, given that I achieve 35 points and 665 at higher level
Unfortunately, I missed my score by 3 points; achieving 32 points with 655 overall. King's told me they need to wait till the 17th of August to make a decision considering that A-level results are released that day, so they then know how many places they have to offer.
My insurance choice, uni of Liverpool, have accepted me. However, I have changed my mind about going there and so I contacted them to withdraw from the course. They then told me that they were unable to release me from the course in to clearing because they were my insurance choice. And so I need to wait until the 17th of August when kings make up their mind. If they accept me, all is good. If they decline me, Liverpool becomes my unconditional, and then I am able to release myself in to clearing.
The university I want to go through clearing for is Queen Mary, given they are ranked first in the country for film studies (The Guardian, 2017). I phoned them up and they confirmed that I would be guaranteed a place on the course if I accept the offer before the 10th of August.
Overly this is where things get tricky. I am unable to accept QMUL's offer because I cannot release myself to clearing until Liverpool becomes my Unconditional.
Here's where I am asking for advice. Should I phone up King's and ask them to withdraw me from the course so that I am able to join Queen Mary through clearing,
OR
should I wait till the 17th to get my result from Kings and then if they say no, apply for Queen Mary again through clearing after declining liverpool as my unconditional.
I would rather go to King's than QMUL, definitely. However, I was told that it becomes harder after the 17th because of all the A-level applicants. QMUL ask for 30 points through clearing, and I have 32, do you think it's worth taking the risk and waiting till the 17th to apply to QMUL if King's reject me? How likely is it that King's will still accept me based on my grades? How likely is it that QMUL will accept me on the 17th?
Thank you. I really need help on this urgently.

Quick Reply

Latest