The Student Room Group

Kings - English law and French law degree

Has anyone recieved a KCL offer for english law and french law ? Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bazile095

My daughter has also applied for the same course and is still waiting to hear back. Looking at the FOI in previous years - it looks like offers go out towards the end of March. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by MissPeaD
My daughter has also applied for the same course and is still waiting to hear back. Looking at the FOI in previous years - it looks like offers go out towards the end of March. Good luck!

Thank you so much. Good luck to your daughter too !!
Reply 3

Could you possibly notify me if and when your daughter gets an offer?
Many thanks
Could you possibly notify me if and when your daughter gets an offer?
Many thanks

Of course - and if you could do the same 😊
Reply 5

I also haven't heard back yet!
Reply 6
Of course - and if you could do the same 😊

Yes of course - has your daughter recieved any other offers ?
Reply 7
Original post by law2023
I also haven't heard back yet!

what did you get in the lnat ?
Reply 8
what did you get in the lnat ?

I got a 32, quite unexpectedly! I have offers from Cambridge and Bristol but I'm still waiting on KCL, LSE and Warwick.
Yes of course - has your daughter recieved any other offers ?

She has an offer from Warwick for Law with French law and from QMUL for Law with European Law. Also waiting on Durham for straight law. Re LNAT - not sure what she got but said it was below 30 (think she said it was tough, but essay better). Looking at FOI for KCL Law with French Law - in the past few years they’ve accepted people with high A levels and GCSEs and LNAT scores between 16-30, so who knows! This year for straight law people with LNAT scores have been rejected with 28!! How about you re other offers?
Hi I’m waiting on Durham for law too and they seem to have been given out a few law offers according to the 2023 offer tracker. Do you mind me asking for your daughter’s stats?
Original post by cheesecakeforone
Hi I’m waiting on Durham for law too and they seem to have been given out a few law offers according to the 2023 offer tracker. Do you mind me asking for your daughter’s stats?

Sure, I don't know her LNAT (said it was below 30), but has predicted A*A*A* with A* already achieved in EPQ, then GCSEs got 9999988888. Durham are taking a really long time - have seen a few offers on there too, but not the floods of offers you'd expect. I think they make offers even with lower LNAT scores but still stressful for her waiting. How about you and do you have any other offers already?
Sure, I don't know her LNAT (said it was below 30), but has predicted A*A*A* with A* already achieved in EPQ, then GCSEs got 9999988888. Durham are taking a really long time - have seen a few offers on there too, but not the floods of offers you'd expect. I think they make offers even with lower LNAT scores but still stressful for her waiting. How about you and do you have any other offers already?

Wow those are basically the same as my grades( minus the EPQ) and I had a very meh LNAT of just a bit higher than this year’s average. I have got offers from other unis but only my Nottingham offer really stands out. Hopefully, Durham will send out offers soon as I do really want to get through but otherwise I might do a gap year and take my lnat again who knows.
It's really difficult isn't it? Durham did (reading over the past few year's message boards) accept around the average with everything else in place and do at least consider the essay (which KCL doesn't). So don't lose hope...it's just waiting and seeing (easier said than done!!). My daughter's best friend has an offer from Nottingham and my daughter is annoyed she didn't apply there! It's meant to be a very good course and with the stats around employment/dept it does very well! My daughter has an offer from Warwick for the dual course and will either firm or insure this based on Durham/KCL decisions. Keep us posted :smile: and good luck!
Original post by cheesecakeforone
Wow those are basically the same as my grades( minus the EPQ) and I had a very meh LNAT of just a bit higher than this year’s average. I have got offers from other unis but only my Nottingham offer really stands out. Hopefully, Durham will send out offers soon as I do really want to get through but otherwise I might do a gap year and take my lnat again who knows.
Reply 14
She has an offer from Warwick for Law with French law and from QMUL for Law with European Law. Also waiting on Durham for straight law. Re LNAT - not sure what she got but said it was below 30 (think she said it was tough, but essay better). Looking at FOI for KCL Law with French Law - in the past few years they’ve accepted people with high A levels and GCSEs and LNAT scores between 16-30, so who knows! This year for straight law people with LNAT scores have been rejected with 28!! How about you re other offers?

Thanks for the response. I have an offer for exeter French law and english law and warwick for law with french law. I got rejected from UCL and im still waiting for QMUL and KCL. I really want kings tho hahaha
Reply 15
Thanks for the response. I have an offer for exeter French law and english law and warwick for law with french law. I got rejected from UCL and im still waiting for QMUL and KCL. I really want kings tho hahaha

for qmul you'll have to interview in French bear that in mind; its quite fast paced and because they don't use lnat(I think) its gonna have a higher bearing
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 16
Original post by 11anon
for qmul you'll have to interview in French bear that in mind; its quite fast paced and because they don't use lnat(I think) its gonna have a higher bearing

Thanks but tbf i dont really want to go qmul like kings is my top then exeter. Where have you applied??

They’re both really good courses - well done! But I understand as I’m sure my daughter feels the same. Which of the two will you insure if you get KCL?
Reply 18
Thanks but tbf i dont really want to go qmul like kings is my top then exeter. Where have you applied??

UCL, King's, QMUL, Warwick and Oxford and so far I have offers from UCL and QMUL
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 11anon
UCL, King's, QMUL, Warwick and Oxford and so far I have offers from UCL and QMUL

Well done! Which course at QMUL did you get your offer for and is the UCL offer for the dual course (do they do one?).
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending