The Student Room Group

Will i be accepted to my sixth form?

I may fall one B short of the minimum required grades for my sixth form, yet I know I have a place as I have spoken to my art teacher about next year and what he wants and also things such as when is open day and headstart work, is there a chance I will still get rejected?
Original post by Chad S
I may fall one B short of the minimum required grades for my sixth form, yet I know I have a place as I have spoken to my art teacher about next year and what he wants and also things such as when is open day and headstart work, is there a chance I will still get rejected?

If the B is in a subject that you have chosen to study at 6th form then it could potentially mean that you'd have to choose another subject..or they could reject you... or they could accept you at their discretion. It could also depend on the quality and quantity of other people being considered.

Don't overthink it just yet and hope for the best on results day.

Good luck!
Reply 2
i think you misunderstood. i need a minimum of 6 b's or higher and i will get them in my chosen subjects for a level but for the other two subjects i need to get a b in if i dont get one of them will i still be likely accepted? thanks

Original post by Kevin De Bruyne
If the B is in a subject that you have chosen to study at 6th form then it could potentially mean that you'd have to choose another subject..or they could reject you... or they could accept you at their discretion. It could also depend on the quality and quantity of other people being considered.

Don't overthink it just yet and hope for the best on results day.

Good luck!
Original post by Chad S
i think you misunderstood. i need a minimum of 6 b's or higher and i will get them in my chosen subjects for a level but for the other two subjects i need to get a b in if i dont get one of them will i still be likely accepted? thanks

I didn't but I could have been more clear - I can only say that it's possible, and that you're better off than someone who fell short of the grade required for their chosen subjects. Again, hope for the best and don't worry too much about probabilities etc

Quick Reply

Latest