The Student Room Group

Missed offer acceptance for sixth form

I got a place at a private sixth form, however, my parent missed the deadline to accept. We didn't reject the place, just didn't say anything. but we got an email from the school saying they assumed it's a rejection and have taken me off the list, and that's when we realised we missed it. we're now calling and emailing the school, but what's the likelihood that I can still go there? the deadline was only this morning
Original post by zziawoo
I got a place at a private sixth form, however, my parent missed the deadline to accept. We didn't reject the place, just didn't say anything. but we got an email from the school saying they assumed it's a rejection and have taken me off the list, and that's when we realised we missed it. we're now calling and emailing the school, but what's the likelihood that I can still go there? the deadline was only this morning

If the deadline was only this morning, you might be lucky. However, if they have a waiting list, then they may have already informed someone that a place has just become available - which could make things awkward.
Original post by DataVenia
If the deadline was only this morning, you might be lucky. However, if they have a waiting list, then they may have already informed someone that a place has just become available - which could make things awkward.

surely not every single person on the waiting list who got offered a place would accept? 😭 im so worried
Original post by zziawoo
surely not every single person on the waiting list who got offered a place would accept? 😭 im so worried

Agreed. But you only need one person to accept the place made available by missing the acceptance deadline, and it's gone. :frown:
Agreed. But you only need one person to accept the place made available by missing the acceptance deadline, and it's gone. :frown:

but surely if there’s a single rejection then i’d get the place over anyone else? since i got in directly ?

sorry for bothering u btw im just so stressed i rlly want to go to this sixth form :frown:(
Original post by zziawoo
but surely if there’s a single rejection then i’d get the place over anyone else? since i got in directly ?

Let's suppose they have 100 spaces, and so made 100 offers, with 25 people joining a waiting list. Some people may have turned down offers already, and have had their place taken by the first few people on the waiting list.

Your place has now just become available, and so may have been offered to the next person on the list. Other people on the waiting list may have already just been made offers when the acceptance deadline was reached.

If all of them accept that offer then you may be out of luck - as the sixth form can't really revoke the offers made to any of them to give the place back to you. If any of them don't accept it then you'll likely be OK.

You're going to have a stressful weekend, unfortunately. :frown:
Let's suppose they have 100 spaces, and so made 100 offers, with 25 people joining a waiting list. Some people may have turned down offers already, and have had their place taken by the first few people on the waiting list.

Your place has now just become available, and so may have been offered to the next person on the list. Other people on the waiting list may have already just been made offers when the acceptance deadline was reached.

If all of them accept that offer then you may be out of luck - as the sixth form can't really revoke the offers made to any of them to give the place back to you. If any of them don't accept it then you'll likely be OK.

You're going to have a stressful weekend, unfortunately. :frown:

Thank you for your help, I’m really hoping and praying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending