Just out of interest, grade 8/9 English AQA Lit students...

Watch
Mychemicalalevel
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just out of interest, which poem did you use to compare to Bayonet Charge? I got a 9 and used Remains and most of the people I spoke to at school did Exposure. I thought I'd done something wrong being the only one who chose Remains but I clearly didn't! Anyone else?
Adaytoremember
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mychemicalalevel)
Just out of interest, which poem did you use to compare to Bayonet Charge? I got a 9 and used Remains and most of the people I spoke to at school did Exposure. I thought I'd done something wrong being the only one who chose Remains but I clearly didn't! Anyone else?
I compared it to Remains and got a 9, one of the boys in my year was convinced his analysis of The Charge of the Light Brigade was 'incredible' but he got a 6. Remains was the best choice, some might disagree but I thought long and hard about my comparison and that was my final verdict (I was right in the end and the other guy was not).
Mychemicalalevel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adaytoremember)
I compared it to Remains and got a 9, one of the boys in my year was convinced his analysis of The Charge of the Light Brigade was 'incredible' but he got a 6. Remains was the best choice, some might disagree but I thought long and hard about my comparison and that was my final verdict (I was right in the end and the other guy was not).
Well done
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done
compared to the poem about the photographer. Forgot the name.
cheese_pizza1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got a 9, and I compared it to Exposure 😁
m-k1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I compared it to The Charge of the Light Brigade and got a 9
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got an 8- compared it to Exposure.
pastelsloth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i got a grade 9 but ive literally forgotten the poems names bc i did revision for the exam the day before-what's remains abt bc im getting mixed up
Mychemicalalevel
Rep:
?
Well done guys - it's interesting to see the different interpretations
Adaytoremember
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well done
Well done to you too, and all the others on the thread. I read somewhere that around 17,000 people in the country got 9s in Lit so it is nice to think about how well we have actually done on a larger scale.
tolulah
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Got a 9 w/ Exposure
Mychemicalalevel
Rep:
?
Well done to you too, and all the others on the thread. I read somewhere that around 17,000 people in the country got 9s in Lit so it is nice to think about how well we have actually done on a larger scale.
Thank you, it is nice to see how we did on a national scale
Jango137
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I felt like Remains was the best pick, and I also used Remains to compare to Charge of the Light Brigade in my mocks. Didn't do well in the latter mind you, but it was nice that I had past experience of practicing talking about Remains.
lyanu
Badges: 10
Report 3 years ago
war photographer, to expand on my point and show that war affects other people than just soldiers (: I only found two other people who compared that at school; most people did remains, exposure or charge of the light brigade (a couple did kamikaze).

EDIT: oh and i got a 9!
lmaooome
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yeah i got a grade 9 and only lost 3 marks in that whole paper and i compared it to remains and sammme i thought i did it wrong and literally cried after the exam
Mychemicalalevel
Rep:
?
(Original post by lyanu)
war photographer, to expand on my point and show that war affects other people than just soldiers (: I only found two other people who compared that at school; most people did remains, exposure or charge of the light brigade (a couple did kamikaze).

EDIT: oh and i got a 9!
I really like that idea. Congratulations
lmaooome
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
same omg, even my teacher disagreed with me after the exam but i proved them all wrong and on top of that i did a mock analysis comparison with bayonet charge and remains literally in the morning of the exam i was over the moon when i saw it as the chosen poem.
cheese_pizza1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do you know how many people got full marks in English literature?
JammieDodger27
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Grade 9 with Remains
StudentUser2405
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i did the one on kamikaze and i got a grade 8, and the grade given is not solely on what poem you chose, its also on what you talk about
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed