The Student Room Group

Just out of interest, grade 8/9 English AQA Lit students...

Just out of interest, which poem did you use to compare to Bayonet Charge? I got a 9 and used Remains and most of the people I spoke to at school did Exposure. I thought I'd done something wrong being the only one who chose Remains but I clearly didn't! Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mychemicalalevel
Just out of interest, which poem did you use to compare to Bayonet Charge? I got a 9 and used Remains and most of the people I spoke to at school did Exposure. I thought I'd done something wrong being the only one who chose Remains but I clearly didn't! Anyone else?

I compared it to Remains and got a 9, one of the boys in my year was convinced his analysis of The Charge of the Light Brigade was 'incredible' but he got a 6. Remains was the best choice, some might disagree but I thought long and hard about my comparison and that was my final verdict (I was right in the end and the other guy was not).
Original post by Adaytoremember
I compared it to Remains and got a 9, one of the boys in my year was convinced his analysis of The Charge of the Light Brigade was 'incredible' but he got a 6. Remains was the best choice, some might disagree but I thought long and hard about my comparison and that was my final verdict (I was right in the end and the other guy was not).

Well done :smile:
Reply 3

compared to the poem about the photographer. Forgot the name.
I got a 9, and I compared it to Exposure 😁
Reply 5
I compared it to The Charge of the Light Brigade and got a 9 :smile:
Reply 6

Got an 8- compared it to Exposure.
i got a grade 9 but ive literally forgotten the poems names bc i did revision for the exam the day before-what's remains abt bc im getting mixed up
Well done guys - it's interesting to see the different interpretations :smile:

Well done to you too, and all the others on the thread. I read somewhere that around 17,000 people in the country got 9s in Lit so it is nice to think about how well we have actually done on a larger scale.
Got a 9 w/ Exposure
Well done to you too, and all the others on the thread. I read somewhere that around 17,000 people in the country got 9s in Lit so it is nice to think about how well we have actually done on a larger scale.

Thank you, it is nice to see how we did on a national scale :smile:
I felt like Remains was the best pick, and I also used Remains to compare to Charge of the Light Brigade in my mocks. Didn't do well in the latter mind you, but it was nice that I had past experience of practicing talking about Remains.
Reply 13
war photographer, to expand on my point and show that war affects other people than just soldiers (: I only found two other people who compared that at school; most people did remains, exposure or charge of the light brigade (a couple did kamikaze).

EDIT: oh and i got a 9!

yeah i got a grade 9 and only lost 3 marks in that whole paper and i compared it to remains and sammme i thought i did it wrong and literally cried after the exam
Original post by lyanu
war photographer, to expand on my point and show that war affects other people than just soldiers (: I only found two other people who compared that at school; most people did remains, exposure or charge of the light brigade (a couple did kamikaze).

EDIT: oh and i got a 9!

I really like that idea. Congratulations :smile:

same omg, even my teacher disagreed with me after the exam but i proved them all wrong and on top of that i did a mock analysis comparison with bayonet charge and remains literally in the morning of the exam i was over the moon when i saw it as the chosen poem.
Do you know how many people got full marks in English literature?
Grade 9 with Remains

i did the one on kamikaze and i got a grade 8, and the grade given is not solely on what poem you chose, its also on what you talk about

Quick Reply

Latest