The Student Room Group

Is it dumb to request a copy of my cold war paper?

Hi, I got 98 UMS in my intl. relations paper (51/53) I was almost in tears as I am CRAP at history and got a C in my mocks. Basically I'm curious as to how it was marked and where I lost marks, should I just enjoy my result and move on or request it back. I'm really proud of this mark.
Reply 1
Original post by arielynjoan
Hi, I got 98 UMS in my intl. relations paper (51/53) I was almost in tears as I am CRAP at history and got a C in my mocks. Basically I'm curious as to how it was marked and where I lost marks, should I just enjoy my result and move on or request it back. I'm really proud of this mark.

If requesting a copy of your paper back is free (Edexcel) then sure. If it costs then I wouldn't bother requesting it back.
Original post by Quizlet
If requesting a copy of your paper back is free (Edexcel) then sure. If it costs then I wouldn't bother requesting it back.

It's edexcel and I know it should be free but for some reason my school wants to charge £12?!

This is incredible - you've done so well! It's not dumb at all to be proud, you should request it back :smile:
Original post by Mychemicalalevel
This is incredible - you've done so well! It's not dumb at all to be proud, you should request it back :smile:

Thank u so much haha my history teacher was avoiding me on results day lol
bump
Thank u so much haha my history teacher was avoiding me on results day lol

Haha, some teachers just don't like admitting they were wrong :smile:
It's edexcel and I know it should be free but for some reason my school wants to charge £12?!

If need be, you can show them proof on the Edexcel website.
This isn't stupid at all, get a copy and keep it as a reminder of what you've achieved. Should be free with Edexcel but if you have to pay £10 or w/e I would still recommend it if it's something you can afford.
Original post by NotKidding
This isn't stupid at all, get a copy and keep it as a reminder of what you've achieved. Should be free with Edexcel but if you have to pay £10 or w/e I would still recommend it if it's something you can afford.

I checked on the edexcel website and although it is free it doesn't have examiners notation, is there really any point then? Or should I still get it back.
Bump
Reply 11
Go for it, loads of people get papers back :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest